Discussion topic: Issue in Broadband connectivity

This message was authored by Chokka This message was authored by: Chokka

Issue in Broadband connectivity

Hi,

My Sky Broadband frequenlty disconnecting since last week and redirecting to connection doagnosis screen and take 2 to 3 minutes to connect agian. It is happening 4 to 5 times day which interrupt my work. Could any one suggest me how to fix this issue ?

Thanks,

Chokka

Best Answers
This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Re: Issue in Broadband connectivity

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chokka Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder Answer

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Chokka Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
Chokka
Topic Author
This message was authored by Chokka This message was authored by: Chokka

Thank you, Diagnostic tool identified the issue and booked the engineer. Today I didn't face any issues in my network connectivity. I hope the issue is resolved by Sky engineers, 

This message was authored by QX1 This message was authored by: QX1

I have this issue frequently and running the diagnostic tool doesn't show any problems.

Sky connectivity for me is just shocking.

This message was authored by QX1 This message was authored by: QX1

Hi again.

I'm going to update my last post.

Prompted to run a diagnositc check again, I am actualy now getting a report of a problem.
This is further than it went on the last ew attempts but after following the steps to determine the error, it comes back and tell me that my line is slower than it was before but is connected, so there's nothing that can be done.
There clearly is a problem as the router reboots itself frequently and it doesn't help that the Sky Stream puck is not smart enough to realise when the connection has been restored, because I need to restart it each time the reboot happens. This can be a number of times per day, usually not less than twice and sometimes four or fives times in one day.

Oddly, the dropouts never happened before I switched to Sky Stream.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion