Discussion topic: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DLow 

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue bubble which will appear on the right handside of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Dani+38 This message was authored by: Dani+38

Hi,

After upgrading my broadband with sky, I keep getting messages to return the old equipment which I did straight away. I send this back over a month ago. Sky keep telling me they will charge me. Can someone help at all please? 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Dani+38If you have the evidence that you posted the equipment back then you can give Sky a call with this evidence and they can check themselves so that you are not charged.

Just dial 150 and stay on the line, if you are asked the nature of the call say " Technical ", DO NOT hang up even if asked to do so.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Rebel22 This message was authored by: Rebel22

Me too, did you get this resolved? I can't get through on the phone and don't know what to do. Worried I'm going to get charged 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Rebel22When you call what do you say when asked the nature of the call?

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Georgie55 This message was authored by: Georgie55

I've had the same problem. I returned my sky equipment back in June, held on to the receipt for a few weeks, then binned it assuming that it had been received as I'd heard nothing to the contrary. I then received a message from Sky threatening to fine me for not returning their equipment! I tried to resolve the issue but they demanded a receipt of proof, which I no longer have. They're now trying to fine me and sent me a message threatening legal action if payment isn't made, when this is clearly their mistake (and clearly this has happened to a lot of other people looking at these forum posts). Can someone please help me get this resolved?  

@Georgie55 

I have escalated your post to Sky who will be in touch with you regarding this via a blue bubble which will appear on the bottom left, middle or bottom right of this page.

This link explains how this works:
https://community.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

When the blue bubble does appear you have 48 hours to respond or it will be automatically closed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by dmy24 This message was authored by: dmy24

Thank you for escalating, a chat request has now been sent 🙂

Thanks for escalating my post! Long story short I unfortunately missed the window of opportunity to chat to a Sky employee and the blue bubble has now disappeared. I'm really keen to resolve this ASAP so would be very grateful if you could escalate my response again. Apologies and thank you in advance! 🙂

I have esclated your post again @Georgie55 and as stated above don't forget about the 48 hours you have to reply !

Thank you very much everyone for your help! Issue is now resolved 🙂

This message was authored by RAFRAY This message was authored by: RAFRAY

I’ve returned my broadband equipment also but sky says they haven’t got it, what can be done now?

I’ve returned my broadband equipment also but sky says they haven’t got it, what can be done now?

This message was authored by SophieAxx This message was authored by: SophieAxx

Contract ended with sky, handed in the box to post office... EIGHT MONTH LATER I get an email from Ccs Debt agency to say I'm in debt, rang them and they said sky said sky had informed them I had ended termancy early which I knew I hadn't. Phoned Sky they said they have not recieved my sky box and if I don't have the receipt they can't take the charge off! Beyond livid I've had no emails, no letters nothing then 8 month later have a debt agency company chasing me! Went into post office too see if they could do anything and they said they remeber me coming in with the sky box cause I'm in quite often but there's nothing they can do! I've been advised to make a complaint too 'Ofgem' as clearly judging by the complaints I've read on the internet I'm not the only one they doing it too! They'll do anything for more money! Who seriously is gonna keep a recite 8 months down the line please???

This message was authored by Alison85 This message was authored by: Alison85

Im having the same problem. I returned 2 items a mini box and router at the same time from the same post office. They are saying they have the box back but not router. I told them I no longer have the receipt as I heard nothing and find it strange they would receive the one but not the other. They are refusing to remove the £50 of the account and threatening debt collectors and potential legal action. My sky account also only shows I have 1 piece of equipment left which is the main box. Im glad my contrct is coming to an end, the service i have recieved is shocking.

This message was authored by Rebel22 This message was authored by: Rebel22

I had same problem so called them (for a 2nd time). They couldn't have been more helpful and assured me I wouldn't be charged. I did give them tracking number though, so make sure you have proof of purchase 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion