Discussion topic: Receiving Yahoo mail (not Sky Yahoo) on Sky broadband

This message was authored by JohnMac07 This message was authored by: JohnMac07

Receiving Yahoo mail (not Sky Yahoo) on Sky broadband

I upgraded my Sky broadband package in January (to Fibre - Ultrafast 1) and since doing so have had real issues, daily, with receiving my Yahoo email (not Sky Yahoo). I've just put up with it so far, but, this has been emphasised because having just returned from holiday - where everything worked fine - I’m back to the same old problem. (Additionally, everything worked fine on my previous Sky package.) Email will eventually come through but can take a full day of repeated mail 'checking' before it does. I know there has been similar posts on this subject previously, but can anyone help with a solution that works or make any suggestions..? Thank you in advance.

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Receiving Yahoo mail (not Sky Yahoo) on Sky broadband

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JohnMac07 your issue is very unlikely to being caused by the Sky broadband connection. Rather it is likely to be either a Yahoo issue or with the app you use to read your email. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
JohnMac07
Topic Author

Thank you for response  @Chrisee. Any ideas on how I can improve the situation..? Everything works fine - until I get home to my own broadband..! I don't use a specific email app on either my iPad or iPhone, it's just the email facility that's provided with my yahoo account details. Thank you in advance. 

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JohnMac07 check the Broadband Shield settings in the My Sky app as it is possible they are set to low.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
JohnMac07
Topic Author

@Chrisee Yes - did that and have previously tried switching Shield off altogether, as per a suggestion from a previous post, on the same matter. Any other suggestions..? Has anyone else reading this had the same issue and been able to resolve..? Thank you very much, in advance. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion