Discussion topic: Sky Assured

This message was authored by Mulett57 This message was authored by: Mulett57

Sky Assured

I have had two phone calls from a chap claiming to be from a company called Sky Assured. He claims we needed to renew out insurance with them for our Sky equipment. It was a real hard sell and the first time I just put the phone down on him.

I was surprised when about a week later he called back. I tested him this time by asking him to read to me the address on my account - and he read out a completely wrong address and postcode.

I then asked him which Sky department he worked for and that is when he made it clear he did not work for Sky, so I told him not to call again and put the phone down on him.

Has anyone else had a call from this company - I am assuming it is a scam. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Sky Assured

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Mulett57 

Sky Protect which is operated by Domestic and General Insurance is the only one Sky endorse. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Yes it's a scam. I've had those calls stating various equipment insurance is due for renewal & that we can get a better deal if we pay upfront.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by Pax This message was authored by: Pax

I've just received a phone call regarding my so called insurance policy with Sky Assured which has expired. I informed him I don't have a policy with them which he then replied that I did as I had paid up till March of this year. I said if that was the case could he confirm any details of the account or Bank this payment come from which he obviously refused to tell me under" Data Protection " laws. He couldn't tell me because he didn't have them. I kept him talking for a while and then put the phone down. Will be interesting to see if they ring again 

This message was authored by Dazthema This message was authored by: Dazthema

Yes I have had the same call twice last time the man said to me that if I did not wont it any more I would have to pat a penaltey fee so I said I'm not a customer and put the phone down on him but they rang again today but this time it was a women so I told her to stop ring or I would be telling the police and she put  the phone down it is a scam.

This message was authored by Geoff72 This message was authored by: Geoff72

Precisely the same as previous contributors. The first guy claimed my insurance for my Sky TV, Sky Box, Cables and remotes wasn't renewed at the end of March and I need to renew to continue support. I advised the guy "I have never had a support contract for Sky and, more importantly, I don't even have any longer, so what are you talking about." He responded by advising me he wasn't represnting Sky but he was an insurance company and gave my wife's name who had the contract with them. This is crap as the last contract my wife signed was when we got married! Anyway, this guy continued by saying he didn't want any money but for us just continue the payment of £11.99 per month as per our contract. I replied "so you are asking for money then, so can you provide the bank details we were paying from" and he refused as it would be breaking GDPR, which is crap as all he needed to do is give me the last four digits of the relevent account. Obviously he couldn't do that because he doesn't have the information. I then accused him as a scammer and hung up. 

This message was authored by Ronald+Mehlis This message was authored by: Ronald+Mehlis

The trouble with this company is that, since it has the word sky included, you think it is a decent company. They have been bugging me as well and whenever they call me, I have to double-check which one it is as I am with sky protect. Maybe it is best to just hang up on them. 

This message was authored by Dazthema This message was authored by: Dazthema

I do allways hang up on them now as I am with Sky Prodect they are scamers from the other compant stick with Sky prodect and you will have no problems like me.

This message was authored by twilight+princess This message was authored by: twilight+princess

Yes it is a scam. We have those calls & they will state they're not Sky if pressed. no doubt after bank/card details &/or Sky details.

Virginia.
Diamond Sky VIP member.
This message was authored by JimRedman This message was authored by: JimRedman

My Mum has had 3 calls off Sky Assured from an Indian Call Centre,so I answered the calls,and it's a scam. I love taking the Scam calls and making them lose their prompts. They must use software to mimic a UK landline supposedly purporting to be calls from Birmingham, Manchester and Bristol,it's a total scam, Sky haven't heard of or use Sky Assured, and if you look at Companies House, one of the Directors of Sky Assured also run a Kebab House

This message was authored by jean-80 This message was authored by: jean-80

Just had the same company ring me up, I was baffled because I have bee with Satinsure for years. he said My monthly payments were included in my sky bundle. I said I would check and ring back. I do not pay a subscription in my sky bundle for maintenance, it is a scam. his company phne number is (Removed), honestly whee are all these scammers coming from, he was so plausible.

Moderator note: Removed phone number

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@jean-80 the phone numbers probably spoofed (made up) and meaningless.

This message was authored by jean-80 This message was authored by: jean-80

Hi, when I said I would ring them back he gave a different number to the one he had actually rang me on, which I have blocked so hopefully that should be the end of it till the next low life attempts another scam.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion