Discussion topic: Could my SKY+HD Box reboot my LGTV?

This message was authored by Reticent+Squirrel This message was authored by: Reticent+Squirrel

Re: SKY+HD Box reboots TV?

After 2nd visit for the tv to go back to curry's they ended up keeping it for more than 7 days waiting for parts. That meant I could ask for money and write off the tv. Got the Samsung and have had no issues.  

This message was authored by Goise This message was authored by: Goise

No it's not I had my Sky q box replaced still got the same issue unfortunately my TV is out of warranty so will just have to put up with it

This message was authored by Goise This message was authored by: Goise

Has anyone had a response from Sky technical, it seems enough are having the same issues,yet nobody is either wanting or prepared to fix the issue, it's incredibly frustrating that Sky themselves haven't even bothered to look into this?

This message was authored by 2465drfytguhn This message was authored by: 2465drfytguhn

Has anyone had any luck with getting this issue sorted, my LG has started doing the same thing. I use Sky Q

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@2465drfytguhn wrote:

Has anyone had any luck with getting this issue sorted, my LG has started doing the same thing. I use Sky Q

Maybe try asking in the Sky Q forum instead of the Sky+ one 🙂

This message was authored by Ay11 This message was authored by: Ay11

I have the exact same issue. I have changed the Hdmi cable still nothing.

however it doesn't happen when I use play station or fire stick. It's definitely the sky box 

This message was authored by Dereknf This message was authored by: Dereknf

I used our John Lewis warranty to get the TV looked at. It was taken away and a week later returned after a main board replacement. It hasn't fixed the problem but the reset happens a lot less frequently than before.. Before, it was resetting several times a night whereas now it happens maybe once, sometimes not at all. When the LG TV was away and we were using a Panasonic TV, there were no problems at all. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Ay11 wrote:

I have the exact same issue. I have changed the Hdmi cable still nothing.

however it doesn't happen when I use play station or fire stick. It's definitely the sky box 

LG tv? Seems to be the common denominator. 

This message was authored by FAB19 This message was authored by: FAB19

I have also had the problem for many many months.  Tried everything and it now does it about 10 times a night.  LG tv and sky q.

This message was authored by Dereknf This message was authored by: Dereknf

The issue was first flagged up as a TV rather than a Sky issue, hence why it's here. Incidentally we solved the problem by getting a full refund fromJohn Lewis and buying a Panasonic TV.  It is clearly an LG problem. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

@Dereknf wrote:

The issue was first flagged up as a TV rather than a Sky issue, hence why it's here. Incidentally we solved the problem by getting a full refund fromJohn Lewis and buying a Panasonic TV.  It is clearly an LG problem. 

OK :), as this is not a Sky issue I've moved it to a more appropriate forum

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion