Discussion topic: BBL Cricket Coverage

This message was authored by sky_user This message was authored by: sky_user

BBL Cricket Coverage

Hi - today, BBL live coverage was stopped mid way through the match and SA v India was put on both Sky main event and Sky cricket channels. Does anyone know the logic of this? And is that how sky shows BBL live matches (ie disconnect anytime while the match is still ongoing)? Thanks 

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: BBL Cricket Coverage

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Frustrating wasn't it, the BBL match did continue via the red button although that wasn't perfect as they did lose the feed and it was glitching after it returned. I would guess that they would have usually shown it on Sky Sports Mix but that was showing the IPL auction but quite why two channels had to show the South Africa/India match is beyond me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Frustrating wasn't it, the BBL match did continue via the red button although that wasn't perfect as they did lose the feed and it was glitching after it returned. I would guess that they would have usually shown it on Sky Sports Mix but that was showing the IPL auction but quite why two channels had to show the South Africa/India match is beyond me.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
sky_user
Topic Author

@caesarome- many thanks for your reply! 
Yes, extremely frustrating indeed. I recently bought sky sports via Now tv and watch through the app on my tv so don't have the red button option which made it even more annoying for me. Before I purchased, Now advertised as "every BBL game live on sky sports" which surely is deceitful for those watching on Now given what happened today!

sky_user
Topic Author

Many thanks for your reply! 
Yes, extremely frustrating indeed. I recently bought sky sports via Now tv and watch through the app on my tv so don't have the red button option which made it even more annoying for me. Before I purchased, Now advertised as "every BBL game live on sky sports" which surely is deceitful for those watching on Now given what happened today!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

It might be worth putting in a complaint via Now to see what they say.  They have their own community here if that helps:

https://community.nowtv.com/

It will be interesting to see what they do on Thursday as there is another ODI between South Africa and India and the BBL match does look like it will be on Sky Sports Mix according to this:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/cricket-on-sky

sky_user
Topic Author

@caesarome Many thanks!

This message was authored by GH58 This message was authored by: GH58

I was frustated by this as well - especially as for an hour it was just dreary talking heads, as the match hadn't even started.... And since

Yesterday 3rd Jan there were 2 BBL matches not shown live for no obvious reason and today 4th Jan, Sky Mix stayed on the tennis, instead of going to the BBL for over half an hour, even though the Tennis was on 2 other sports channels - come on Sky Sports get it together

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

The BBL matches have been shown via the red button on the Cricket channel, yesterday though there was a nice big red box that was present which you had to press select to get rid off. Then when game two started you had to press the i button to switch to that match.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion