Discussion topic: Why can’t I see my sky q recordings on my sky go

This message was authored by NeiltheWheel This message was authored by: NeiltheWheel

Re: Why can’t I see my sky q recordings on my sky go

Thank you to all that replied to me with tips to get my recordings to show. I didn't get the chance to do them but the problem was resoveled when I updated the app to the, just released latest app version. 

This message was authored by Vkw15 This message was authored by: Vkw15

I can't connect to my local box even though we are on the same connection 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Vkw15 

More details are required, what box and what is it trying to connect to ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Vkw15 This message was authored by: Vkw15

It's SkyQ box to app of sky go on laptop Same internet connection, it used to have a green banner when I opened it to say that it was connected to the box but now it doesn't seem to connect 

This message was authored by Ray0fSunshine84 This message was authored by: Ray0fSunshine84

Similar to many others within the community, i am no longer able to see my recordings on my phone app, even though I'm at home on the same WiFi connection and my settings has 'watch via Sky Go' selected, it does not find the Sky Q box and the "Recording" button does not appear. 

I have deleted and re-downloaded it but it still doesn't work. 

This message was authored by Ray0fSunshine84 This message was authored by: Ray0fSunshine84

In addition, I do have multi screen with Sky Q and more, so fulfil all the requirements needed to enable me to watch my Sky recordings on the sky go app. 

I also uninstall and reinstalled the app which is when I was no longer able to see the recordings button on the app, before that, I had received the error message a day ago stating connection with my sky box couldn't be found. I rebooted my sky box and still no improvement, so now I'm at my whits end with this one

This message was authored by Laing1 This message was authored by: Laing1

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ray0fSunshine84 wrote:

In addition, I do have multi screen with Sky Q and more, so fulfil all the requirements needed to enable me to watch my Sky recordings on the sky go app. 

I also uninstall and reinstalled the app which is when I was no longer able to see the recordings button on the app, before that, I had received the error message a day ago stating connection with my sky box couldn't be found. I rebooted my sky box and still no improvement, so now I'm at my whits end with this one

@Ray0fSunshine84 on your Q box can you go into settings > status and check on the third entry watch on Sky go does it have a tick if not scroll across then down to ewatch on Sky go then across to re-activate and see if that works 

I may be a Sky Superuser but I am still just a Sky customer

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, all connected by wifi
Sky Broadband Hub/SR203, Sky Ultrafast broadband
Ultimate on Demand, Q Experience/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV, Google Pixel 7 Pro mobile
This message was authored by Stevepo855 This message was authored by: Stevepo855

I couldn't access recordings or use the remote control function within the Sky Go app on one of my iOS devices. 

The solution for me was to 'allow sky go to access the local network' in iOS settings.

Settings > Sky Go > Allow access to local network  

This message was authored by Gillby This message was authored by: Gillby

I've recently been having this issue also. 
I log in to my sky go app, assuring I'm on the same network as my sky q box. 
when I click on recordings, it says I must be connected to a sky q box.

when I search for it, it says non found. 
yes the power on my sky q box is on. And I've even gone I. To the network setting to make sure both are connected to the same.

Yet the app on my iPad (yes latest version) still can't find the sky q box

please help

This message was authored by Oggmeista This message was authored by: Oggmeista

This has gone to a point beyond reasonable fairness, every single time i reopen the skygo player i find there's no recordings listed, so luckinly as i know how to quick "fix" it i need to reset the connection via by browser, and then so far anyway the recordings are shown, and are accessible as normal,    Why is this app so instable and unpredictable, i don't rememeber all these issues with silverlight.

This message was authored by skybluebob This message was authored by: skybluebob

Sort of defeats the attraction of watching your recordings on the go

This message was authored by mother1234 This message was authored by: mother1234

hi  i thought i was alone on this problem and seems im most deffinatly not, same problem, box in registered on sky go, still no recordings, but on my tablet, fire tablet, not my i phone, dont know what else to do, could it being blocked as i found mu apps netflix disappeared disabled all parental controls etc, and they came back, even had the engineer stumped, there is something stopping it but what and how do we fix it.    HELP

Sylvia mcleod
This message was authored by Bluegeranium This message was authored by: Bluegeranium

I have the same problem has anyone solved this yet please?

This message was authored by mother1234 This message was authored by: mother1234

dont know if this will be any help to anyone, but i tell you what ive been doing and maybe, it might help,

anyway its all really strange, but over the last couple of days i purchaed a wifi repeater, anyway i set it up, and its gone from now i can get sky go on the mobile i couldnt before but could on my android tablet, and i thought still not happy with it, so now i have the repeteater it seems to now letting me use the app as it should be, as before all this it wasnt seeing the box, even though everything was setup right, thats the only thing i can put it down too, at this point i will say that its made my wifi better somehow as the wifi on my sky q mini were loing the wifi on the router, so i have a   po****** adapter conecting the sky q mini together and they all seem to working well together, so maybe thats what it was causing my problem.

i hope this might help someone as its so frustrating when things dont work as they should.

Sylvia mcleod

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion