Discussion topic: Sky Go stuck in looking for updates. doesnt load.

This message was authored by Giffo76 This message was authored by: Giffo76

Re: Sky Go stuck in looking for updates. doesnt load.

here we are in august 2023 and this issue is still here. My drivers are up to date. Latest windows 10 and i have to delete the skygo folder in roaming folder every time i exit and start again. I swear sky doesnt 'charge' as they say for skygo so they can get away with a terrible bit of software. its an utter joke.  

This message was authored by amgn102030 This message was authored by: amgn102030

same problem. 

I am so livid. the windows app is an abosolute joke.

This message was authored by nickynicknick This message was authored by: nickynicknick

I am having this problem. SKy Go on Windows is a joke. I dont see why it works fine on an iphone but if i want to use my laptop it doesnt work.   Just doing to the download and then freezes. Deleted the app - i can'tfind the C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Roaming  thing but frankly if this is a known issue then sky need to come up witha proper fix.  What's happening. 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@nickynicknick wrote:

i can'tfind the C:\Users

This is a hidden folder so unless you have "show hideen folders" selected in Windows Explorer then you will not see it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by nickynicknick This message was authored by: nickynicknick

Thanks = i have done that now and still cant get it to work. 

Why cant sky produce a reliable program 

This message was authored by Dave+Lorde This message was authored by: Dave+Lorde Answer

I've had this problem for months on a new Windows 11 PC - I tried uninstalling, rebooting, & reinstalling a number of times with no joy.

Finally, I used Revo Uninstaller to uninstall & remove registry & system entries for it, then followed the instructions here to delete the SKY folders that Revo didn't find; then rebooted and reinstalled from a fresh download, and it worked!

So far, so good...

This message was authored by Southcoast This message was authored by: Southcoast

I believe this is a DNS issue, I have found changing adapter DNS settings to manual solved the issue on two of my machines. I used DNS addresses 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8. This will need to be done for WiFi adapter and ethernet adapter if you use both alternately at different locations

This message was authored by Southcoast This message was authored by: Southcoast

Found it to be the DNS address on dynamic. Setting it to manual on 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 on WiFi adapter solved it immediately for me. Hope this helps.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 3.6 hours

New Discussion