Discussion topic: Sky compatible routers

This message was authored by ShaunC85 This message was authored by: ShaunC85

Re: Sky compatible routers

@mae-3   Wasn't present I meant to say

@mae-3   I'm sorry to be a pain. I went back onto the tp link went through it all again and when I got to the end it said no internet connection. I don't know why. It's driving me insane now

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@ShaunC85 

The TP-Link only acts as a VDSL2 to ethernet bridge with a VLAN of 101 and will not report a fully functional internet only with the Asus router will it report an active internet connection.

When you go into the Asus router once connected to the TP-Link bridge what error message do you get, and did you leave the Sky kit disconnected for 10 or so minutes before connecting all the new gear together?

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

@mae-3   Hi mate I appreciate you sticking with me haha

right so I saw your last message just as I went to bed, I left the equipment all unplugged over night.

tried again this morning and the router actually looks like it's got a connection when I'm on the asus app homepage but when I do a test it has an X on internet.

so I went back to square one and even tried getting the TP-Link to connect to the internet and it wouldn't. 

any ideas? I've logged in the sky huh this morning, do you think there's anything on there that might need to change before I start

@mae-3   So at the moment I'm in this setup 

sky hub back in Ethernet(Lan1) to TP Link (Lan/Wan) then (Lan1) to Asus router (Lan1) but internet light is red, but if I put it in Wan it'll make the light white on

@ShaunC85 

The Asus WAN port should be connected to the LAN port on the TP-Link.

-------

Zen internet on FTTP (900Mbps down, 100Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

@mae-3   Yeah I've changed that now, the Ethernet cable goes from Lan1 on tp link to the Wan on the asus. I've logged into the router on the web and I've made sure the client 61 in done. Anything else?

right now it says connected but that's because everything is connected from the sky hub. I've even gone back through this thread and go into advanced on tp link and done that stuff you suggest to the other man. If I go to the front page of the tp link it says bridge etc so should all be good.

someone else suggest to the other man putting Vlan 101 is it on iptv on the Asus but couldn't find a vlan on there 

@mae-3   That's the current set up

IMG_0882.jpeg

@ShaunC85 

VLAN 101 only need to be set on either the TP-Link or Asus, not on both pieces of equipment.

-------

@mae-3   Okay. I remember doing it before on the tp link. Right I'm about to unplug everything and try the tp link in the wall. And the router connected to the tp link. 

anything else you might think I need check before I start? Btw the I have a sky hub sr204 I don't see many people mention those. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@ShaunC85 wrote:

@mae-3   

Btw the I have a sky hub sr204 I don't see many people mention those. 

The 204 is intended for G.fast connections: the geographically limited (and now halted) rollout of that form of broadband means there are fewer of them around.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

@TimmyBGood  That won't hinder me at all will it?

@ShaunC85 

If one is on G.fast then the TP-Link isn't compatible with that system.

-------

@TimmyBGood @mae-3  With what Tim said am I set up correctly then? As far as I know it's Superfast internet I'm on its Mer if I log in on the router, it's FTTC. 

@ShaunC85 

Please post your router stats from the Sky Hub.

-------

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion