Discussion topic: Internet keeps dropping out

This message was authored by CrystalCal This message was authored by: CrystalCal

Re: Internet keeps dropping out

Hello there, sorry.. i didnt get back to this yesterday.
I just did a speed test. I'm not sure what i'm looking for tbh.. 
I'll attach these two pics: d98eb116c1f6b2d578201d2c9f40e2d1.png03a411264c5e8fd01e1181e89c2fca7d.png

This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi there, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  

Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation.

Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147

This message was authored by CrystalCal This message was authored by: CrystalCal

Hello Addie, are you meaning me? or the OP?
Sorry, i'm probably still half asleep  

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@CrystalCal just in case I have escalated your post myself so they should be in touch.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
This message was authored by Addie15 This message was authored by: Addie15

Posted by a Sky employee

Update-CrystalCal's issue is now resolved on our end, we booked an engineer. Please let us know if we can help with anything else. Thank you.

Thank you so much for arranging this all so quickly!  😊

This message was authored by Nigevilla This message was authored by: Nigevilla

Hi 

my internet keeps dropping out comes back on all lights green then few minutes later drops out again for 10 minutes or more then reconnects and it all repeats again 

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Nigevilla Can you please run the broadband test, this can be done either via the Sky app on mobile data or use the link below.
https://www.sky.com/help/diagnostics/sky-broadband-diagnostic/sky-broadband-diagnostic

If it finds an external fault it should enable you to book an engineer.

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.

Well, here i am again. 
Engineer came yesterday, changed a wire, all seemed fine...
Then this morning from around 6:20am it's been on and off about 10 times...
Only just managed to get a reading of my stats as it just kept dropping... 

Getting really frustrated   😑

Stats and speed: router 27 sept.pngspeed 27 sept.png

This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Nigevilla, I have escalated your post to our Community Messaging team who will invite you to a private chat shortly and help you with this.  
Just look out for the blue bubble to start the conversation. 
Here's more information on how Community Messaging works - https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147 

Ooops, sorry.. i'm only just seeing this reply now... i wasnt sat at my pc earlier.

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Posted by a Sky employee

Update – We are still looking to help you Nigevilla. If you need our support let us know and we can re-escalate to our chat team. Your invite has been closed now. Thanks 🙂

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert
This message was authored by Retrogamer9316 This message was authored by: Retrogamer9316

Mine has been the same random drops about 1 min or so its off and comes on, it can be once a day or 5 to 6 times, I've had two open reach engineers visit one had to rebuild the local connection point , then it still happened  then another guy traced a fault to the local cabinet and found a damaged wire he said it was fixed but still drops also my minimum speed is 51 Meg but I'm lucky to get 10 most is 39, but when it was first installed it was 70, apparently the engineer told me there's interference on the line which builds and knocks off the router which resets, Sky have even emailed me a right to exit, I'm a Sky Platinum member and its usually ok but not anymore.

This message was authored by Sofia111 This message was authored by: Sofia111

I am working from home and this week my lines keep crackling and I lose connection with users. There are no other devices on aswell soemtimes

This message was authored by tst4n This message was authored by: tst4n

I’ve just been having this issue over the last couple days too. i’ve got one on ethernet through a sky booster and maybe 6/7 on wifi. Both the wifi and ethernet cut out at the same time at random intervals. this has never happened before.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion