Discussion topic: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: I’ve returned my broadband equipment but sky says they haven’t got it?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Libragirl2809 

Have you retained your proof of posting?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Libragirl2809 This message was authored by: Libragirl2809

No unfortunately! I seem to have thrown it out when tidying up. It went by QR code so surely the post office would retain all records?? My Mum posted it for me whilst I was at work.

This message was authored by Libragirl2809 This message was authored by: Libragirl2809

Their customer care is non-existent!!

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Libragirl2809 
This has been a problem for a while as Unipart, who receive the returns on behalf of Sky, appear to be very slow in updating Sky that a customer has returned their equipment. If you haven't kept the proof of posting any cancellation of subsequent non return fees will be at Skys discretion.

I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you later.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble on the bottom left of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. Also if you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will automatically close. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

Please make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains how the process works
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001

Thank you you're a star! Why is it so many folks have made the same mistake and not kept proof of postage?? 🙄🙄🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

This message was authored by Highlinder This message was authored by: Highlinder

@Libragirl2809A lot of people have made the same mistake, it does say to keep hold of proof of posting in the royal mail section in point 5 and in click and collect+ in point 4 the link below in point 5. If the question is asked on the forum a lot of the seasoned members will tell others to get proof of posting in case something like this does occur.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/return-tv-broadband#need-a-hand 

If someone has helped give them Like.

If you have found this solution helpful please tick this as the answer.
This message was authored by Tom-W19 This message was authored by: Tom-W19

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks for escalating. We've sent an invite to Libragirl2809.

Thanks
Tom
This message was authored by Mr+Flibbles+86 This message was authored by: Mr+Flibbles+86

Posted by a Sky employee

Update - This issue has been resolved for @Libragirl2809 on a private chat

All sorted!! ☺️☺️☺️Thanks everyone for helping me!

This message was authored by CarlB87a This message was authored by: CarlB87a

I returned my sky multi room room on 7th May. Received an email later that day off sky saying thanks for posting it.

Tracking shows it got delivered 9th May.

Today I received a message that it has not been received and I may be liable for charges.

I still have proof of postage/tracking etc.

If anyone could have a look into this it would be appreciated

@CarlB87a 
I’ve escalated your post to Sky and the Escalation Team may get in touch with you tomorrow.

Look out for an email and also a blue/red speech bubble on the bottom left of your forum page. Once that speech bubble appears you only have 48 hours to join the private chat or it will close automatically. Again, if you fail to respond to each message from Sky within 48 hours the chat will automatically close. Replies on the chat aren’t instant so keep checking the chat thread regularly.

Please make sure that your email/private message notifications are switched to ‘on’ to avoid missing the alerts.

This link explains the Community Messaging process.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Did-you-know/Escalating-a-post-to-a-Sky-expert/ba-p/3711147#M1014

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by CarlB87a This message was authored by: CarlB87a

Hi,

Just wondering when I should expect someone from the sky team to look at this? Not received anything yet.

@CarlB87a 

Chat invites are not guaranteed but I've re-escalated your post again and Sky may get in touch with you tomorrow.

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Thank you for escalating this. We have sent an invite to chat 🙂 

This message was authored by Greenfingers001 This message was authored by: Greenfingers001

Posted by a Sky employee

Update:

Spoke with @CarlB87a and exempt box charges

thanks again for the escalation have a great day 😁

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion