Discussion topic: Sky Assured

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky Assured

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@BRENDA76 wrote:

They also added 'Ltd' to name they gave me and Sky Assured Ltd has a company number! 

There is indeed a registered company of that name, and they may in fact provide cover for legacy Sky products: that's a legitimate area of business which Sky itself doesn't have jurisdiction over.

What they shouldn't be doing is in any way pretending to be associated with Sky Group, or tricking people into making payments for a service which hasn't been specifically chosen.

I'd note that the Companies House entry contains an 'active proposal to strike off'.

It's also possible that an entirely different group of spammers is using the name in their scripts.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I had a call from them a few days ago, after I temporaily turned off my phone's call screening service. They didn't get very far, though. After the initial attempt to be engaging -  'it's Sky Assured, how are you today..'  - I said 'not interested' and hung up before they had the chance to say anything else. 🙂 

This message was authored by BRENDA76 This message was authored by: BRENDA76

Oh, wow - thank you - and it was the way he added the 'Ltd' after the initial name that made me wonder if the 'ltd' bit was real!  I have to say that what most of the contributors to this information basically gave the same story as I received!  I did say that Sky had told me when I got my new Sky Q box would be free anyway but it was when he mentioned the TV as well and it has been playing up a bit!  Am so glad I didn't go ahead with it, although I would have had a problem giving him my details over the phone because most companies don't do that!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion