Discussion topic: Downgrade package

This message was authored by Saiima This message was authored by: Saiima

Downgrade package

I want to downgrade my package and remove sky sports

Best Answers
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

Re: Downgrade package

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Saiima 
If/When you are out of contract you need to contact Sky to reduce any part of your package or cancel it completely giving the required notice of 31 days.
Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to a phone number.
https://www.sky.com/help/articles/cancel-sky-tv#contact-leave
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one).
UK customer ~ The link should include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).
ROI customer ~ it’s only by ringing or writing in.

If you cancel correctly you should receive a confirmation email from Sky.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210 Answer

@Saiima 
If/When you are out of contract you need to contact Sky to reduce any part of your package or cancel it completely giving the required notice of 31 days.
Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to a phone number.
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one).
UK customer ~ The link should include an email link and also a Message Us option (which is normally available between 9am and 7.30pm).

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by MarieOtley This message was authored by: MarieOtley

Hi I would like to cancel my sky sports package that we recently signed up for on Sunday 26th February 2023

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@MarieOtley wrote:

Hi I would like to cancel my sky sports package that we recently signed up for on Sunday 26th February 2023

See post #2 in this very thread.  You cannot cancel on the forum.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Millers+thumb This message was authored by: Millers+thumb

I inadvertently upgraded to UHD and need to remove it as I don't use it. It is almost impossible to contact sky to change anything, the only alternative if this fails to work is to stop payment.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Millers+thumb 

Don't stop the payment as this will prevent you from calling and sepaking to someone. If it helps quieter times are after 9m or when the phone lines open at 7am.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Millers+thumb This message was authored by: Millers+thumb

Virtually impossible to speak with anyone who can help with this. I've been given three different numbers, one not in use, the other two presumably staffed in India and neither would or could help.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Millers+thumb definitely not impossible as there are numerous forum posts f,rom others who have done so successfully. Be sure to call an authorised number - you can find the number via the 'need more help' dropdown at the bottom of this page:  https://www.sky.com/help 

You can also negotiate via Sky's online messaging system, via the 'still need a hand' button here: https://www.sky.com/help/home/your-account/my-account-and-subscription/cancelling/cancel-my-subscrip...

This message was authored by Paula+capes This message was authored by: Paula+capes

Would I be able to have sky movies and children channels took off I really can't afford it I'm now living on my own

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Paula+capes 

You can't do it via the forum as we're customers on here. To reduce your package you’ll need to contact Sky giving the required notice of 31 days. Select ‘Need more help’ at the bottom of the following link which will lead to contact details.
(Make sure the flag in the bottom right corner is the correct one ie; UK or ROI).

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Val52 This message was authored by: Val52

Please contact me to see how I can do this

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Val52  Please read the reply by @Daniel0210  you have been provided the contact details, no one can or will contact on the back of a forum post.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Val52 
As stated earlier in the thread this is a customer to customer forum and you’re not contacting Sky Customer Services by posting on here so no one will contact you. You need to initiate contact with Sky. See my post immediately above yours and also the one marked as the answer. 

Sky customer since 2001

@Val52 

Just to add your other two threads have been removed. Multiple posts asking the same question just causes duplication of replies. 

Sky customer since 2001

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion