Discussion topic: Peacock series disappeared halfway through

This message was authored by crossfell This message was authored by: crossfell

Peacock series disappeared halfway through

Hi

I was in the middle of watching series 5 of Southern Charm (don't judge me LOL!) on demand via Peacock when the entire series simply vanished.  Series 6 also vanished for download.  Any ideas how do I go about finishing watching the series?

I'm in danger of quitting Sky after subscribing for 35 years.  I haven't been able to record BBC2 in 5 years.  The picture breaks up whenever there's a gust of wind.  I don't get Netflix included in my subscription like people with Sky Q.  My box is ancient.  On demand content is poor.  But they're still charging me a sodding fortune every month for a limited service.  I love how Sky reward loyal customers!

All Replies

crossfell
Topic Author

Re: Peacock series disappeared halfway through

No need for a reply.  I've heard back from viewer relations via email.  This is what they said:

"Unfortunately Southern Charm is no longer in licence from Peacock in the UK.

On Sky, Peacock’s library will continue to evolve with titles coming on and off as we curate what we know our customers love.

You can easily find the collection in the app rail across Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q.

We’re constantly investing in our TV packs to bring customers more of what they enjoy including Peacock, Netflix Basic, all as standard in Sky’s TV packs, plus get Apple TV+ free for 6 months."

I've replied that I love Southern Charm so they're not curating what I like. 

Plus, I did tell them I had Sky+ so their reply telling me of all the stuff available on SkyQ, including Netflix which I can't get on Sky+, was of no use to me.

It's put the nail in the coffin for me as a customer.  I'm cancelling my Sky next week.  You get nothing for loyalty.  I only now watch about 5 channels, and 3 of those are available on Freeview for nothing.   I can get the other 2 channels elsewhere for 1/3 of the price I pay for Sky.

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@crossfell wrote:

No need for a reply.  I've heard back from viewer relations via email.  This is what they said:

On Sky, Peacock’s library will continue to evolve with titles coming on and off as we curate what we know our customers love.

You can easily find the collection in the app rail across Sky Glass, Sky Stream and Sky Q.

We’re constantly investing in our TV packs to bring customers more of what they enjoy including Peacock, Netflix Basic, all as standard in Sky’s TV packs, plus get Apple TV+ free for 6 months."

Plus, I did tell them I had Sky+ so their reply telling me of all the stuff available on SkyQ, including Netflix which I can't get on Sky+, was of no use to me.

It's put the nail in the coffin for me as a customer.  I'm cancelling my Sky next week.  You get nothing for loyalty.  I only now watch about 5 channels, and 3 of those are available on Freeview for nothing.   I can get the other 2 channels elsewhere for 1/3 of the price I pay for Sky.

@crossfell 

The Viewer Relations department is the most pointless thing. Very rarely will they respond with anything but a carefully worded stock response. 

You should subscribe to Hayu as they have all 8 seasons available. All new episodes for that, and everything else on there, are added the morning after they air in the US. 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Loyalty is such a 20th century thing that mean little to nothing these days

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Unfortunately a lot of peacock content disappeared at the end of last year.

If you don't feel sky offer value for money (as you say, you only watch 5 channels and 3 are freeview) then yes, you should cancel it.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

crossfell
Topic Author

@d2h 

Thanks for the info, I've been looking at Hayu.  My issue is that you don't seem to be able to watch it on a regular telly?  I currently have Sky piped to all TVs in the house, so can watch Sky while in the kitchen or bedrooms as well as the lounge and control each TV via magic eye and sky remote.  Is there any way of doing that with Hayu (ie do they have a box or something which I can put on my lounge TV then RF feed to the booster in my attic, which then pipes the feed to all the rooms?).

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

HayU is available on many smart TVs, and streaming boxes/sticks including Amazon Fire, Chromecast and Roku.

It is owned by Comcast/NBCUniversal (Sky's parent company) so i'm quite surprised that it isn't yet on Sky Q.

This message was authored by d2h This message was authored by: d2h

@crossfell wrote:

@d2h 

Thanks for the info, I've been looking at Hayu.  My issue is that you don't seem to be able to watch it on a regular telly?  I currently have Sky piped to all TVs in the house, so can watch Sky while in the kitchen or bedrooms as well as the lounge and control each TV via magic eye and sky remote.  Is there any way of doing that with Hayu (ie do they have a box or something which I can put on my lounge TV then RF feed to the booster in my attic, which then pipes the feed to all the rooms?).

If you're able to access Prime Video, it can be added as a Prime channel and accessed through their interface @crossfell 

This message was authored by StargazerUK1984 This message was authored by: StargazerUK1984

@crossfell wrote:

Peacock's so called library has not really materialised and it's just been one major disappointment.

When it was first announced I was kind of expecting an app full with back catalogue titles and new titles.

What's been delivered on sky has just been a Joke. A very small library that lost content and not grown. The new content does not even have 5.1 sound and the US side has 4K HDR content and that's not happened. It's just been one forgotten about and tbh I never seen or heard anyone beyond the sky boards mention peacock which was in my opinion dead on arrival.

Sky for me is on it's last legs.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

There is even less in Germany 

https://m.dwdl.de/a/91363

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion