Discussion topic: data plan upgrade

This message was authored by krisblabla This message was authored by: krisblabla

data plan upgrade

I am on a data plan 6G for £9..  I am offered a 100G plan on you web site for half price..  So 100G for £14.  However if I try to change my plan I am offered that for £28.  Bit poor a long time customer

Kris

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: data plan upgrade

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @krisblabla  as you have found they are for new or additional sims on your account. If you have had your current sky sim for more than 12 months you could order one of the plans on offer, that will come with a new number, then port your old number to a different network on PAYG then port it back to the new sim. You can't port from one sky sim to another. I tried a few months to see if they would give me one of the offers onto my existing sim but they wouldn't. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
krisblabla
Topic Author
This message was authored by krisblabla This message was authored by: krisblabla

NO these are on offer from your web site..  I havent found them they have been offered to me..

krisblabla
Topic Author

Sky is offereing a 1/2 price data deal, but you are saying it is not?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

We are all customers here @krisblabla who help each so you are not talking to Sky.

As explained by @63johnw that deal only applies if you order a new sim, as it can not be applied to the sim you have already got.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

As above, the offers are almost always for additional SIMs (with a new phone number).

Unless you call Sky and ask them to apply that offer (there are reports of this happening) you have to either change your phone number or transfer the number out of the network and back in again.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
krisblabla
Topic Author

yeah its a shame really, I can get unlimited data for £16 pcm..

Good bye Sky..

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@krisblabla wrote:

yeah its a shame really, I can get unlimited data for £16 pcm..

As with almost all telecomms services the best deals are always available when switching... (Being a 'new' customer)

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion