Discussion topic: Sky.com website unusable.

This message was authored by John+Allsup This message was authored by: John+Allsup

Sky.com website unusable.

Once I login to my account, I get the default sky.com page (currently advertising the House of the Dragon thing). No matter whether I click, for example, 'My Products', I always end up at the same generic sky.com/ page (i.e. the url is https://https://www.sky.com/) advertising House of the Dragon. I want to see if I can upgrade to fibre, but no matter what I click, I just land back at sky.com/.

If I click on Broadband in the header, I land at sky.com/ (same page).
If I click on "Your Products", I land at sky.com/ again.

You get the picture.

What is going wrong?

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Sky.com website unusable.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@John+Allsup 

Could you enter your full postal address below and post the table after removing your address from the image

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
John+Allsup
Topic Author
This message was authored by John+Allsup This message was authored by: John+Allsup

JohnAllsup_1-1661015559758.png

I'm in a new-build area. I've been here four years. Still no fibre. 😞

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

@John+Allsup 

Unfortunately not even fibre to the cabinet let alone to the premises are available

Normally for existing customers the online upgrade is hit or miss however theres nothing to upgrade to 

Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

John+Allsup
Topic Author

Unrelated to the issue of fibre, the other thing is that the My Sky thing is unusable as all links land you back on the sky.com/ page.

@John+Allsup 

Try resetting the hub by holding down the reset button for 20 seconds to see if it picks up the app again.

Also try uninstalling and reinstalling my sky

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@John+Allsup wrote:

JohnAllsup_1-1661015559758.png

I'm in a new-build area. I've been here four years. Still no fibre. 😞

That's bad for ADSL, let alone current broadband technology.  It's really not supposed to be possible for a new-build development to go ahead in a location where internet access doesn't even meet the USO minimum: full fibre is supposed to be provisioned wherever possible.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion