Discussion topic: Sky broadband cancellation

This message was authored by Graceoliviaa This message was authored by: Graceoliviaa

Sky broadband cancellation

Sky cancelled my broadband and landline, I've rang up and sorted it all out and made an extra payment so I could have it all working, after paying this I've being told 14 days for it all to go back on. I explained I'm a student and need internet to be able to do all of my uni work and they've still told me 14 days. Has this happened to anyone else before and how long did it take for it to go back on?? I've being told there's no possible way for my services to work any sooner 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Sky broadband cancellation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Graceoliviaa 

Unfortunately a full reprovision after cancellation would be on an Openreach timescale, which is typically ten working days.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Graceoliviaa
Topic Author
This message was authored by Graceoliviaa This message was authored by: Graceoliviaa

Thank you! So the timescale is just a guess really so it could be anything inbetween the days I've being told? Sooner or later 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Graceoliviaa 

Unfortunately ten 'working' days can include a couple of weekends as well, which is probably where that 14 days may have come from

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion