Discussion topic: Confusing text updates to delayed Broadband order

This message was authored by Swanta This message was authored by: Swanta

Confusing text updates to delayed Broadband order

Morning! Had ordered Suoerfast broadband and had an installation date in 24th November but was told would be delayed. That was fine, but have had a few more with varying reasons of Open Reach not having equipment, unavailability etc. Open Reach have contacted me directly and they are here now, yet have received another text from Sky saying it may or may not be delayed, next update 11th December. Very confused now - do they not talk to each other? 

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: Confusing text updates to delayed Broadband order

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Swanta 

Openreach and their subcontractors may adjust their work schedule on a day to day basis, sometimes based on what and who is available that morning.  It's unlikely that the ISP is going to know about this until it's happened.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Swanta
Topic Author
This message was authored by Swanta This message was authored by: Swanta

Still the text from Sky is super confusing and I read policies for a living. Hopefully now Open Reach have done their bit, I'll get a better update from Sky, sooner than the 11th

This message was authored by mormegil This message was authored by: mormegil

As long as open reach have updated the order with what they have done it will progress the order regardless of the last update from sky as the text messages as based on the last update received so any movement isn't effected by the sky update

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion