Discussion topic: GROUP MESSAGES AND MMS PROBLEMS

This message was authored by ruthtaplin This message was authored by: ruthtaplin

GROUP MESSAGES AND MMS PROBLEMS

I have a Samsung Note 20 and am unable to send MMS messages or group messages either as SMS or MMS. Group messaging is turned on, all available updates are installed and I have tried resetting and using different messaging apps but the system persists.

Everytime a group message is sent I receive the following error message.....message not sent:service not activated on network.

I've requested new settings, taken off the spend cap and checked all I can but problem  persists and I don't know what else I can do. Reading other discussions I've done everything suggested.

Please any help will be gratefully received.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Samli_Hill This message was authored by: Samli_Hill Answer

Re: GROUP MESSAGES AND MMS PROBLEMS

Spoiler
The video was rubbish but these instructions were easier for me. I just searched for message settings on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S20) > more settings > multimedia settings > group conversations.

I then slid the button so it was turned off. Sent a text to two family members and it didn't auto convert to MMS nor error.

Hope this helps!

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @ruthtaplin  it has been reported on here before by customers with the same issue. I believe sky do block group messages in some instances. Have you tried reducing the group size ? Can the messages be sent individually? Just to rule out a contact issue. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
ruthtaplin
Topic Author
This message was authored by ruthtaplin This message was authored by: ruthtaplin

Hi @63johnw 

I can send to the indivuals as an SMS, but not as a group.

When I send a text to a individual that converts to an MMS they don't send either.

I get message that says, 'MMS not supported by network'  and when I tap it says, 'Group conversations will not be sent as MMS'

Looking at other threads, I have tried all the suggestions, but still can't send.

Cheers...Ruth

This message was authored by Samli_Hill This message was authored by: Samli_Hill

Did anyone get a fix to this error or do I need to escalate my same issue with Sky - MMS not supported on network?

Can't send a single text to two contacts without it converting to MMS then giving same error 😩

Thx

Sam

This message was authored by Hull0261 This message was authored by: Hull0261

Genuine question - why would you be using MMS in 2024?

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Hull0261 wrote:

Genuine question - why would you be using MMS in 2024?

Because the software on the phone will use it (automatically) under certain situations.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by Hull0261 This message was authored by: Hull0261

I'm not sure what situation you mean,

In any case I realised that it may be for people using, or communicating with, people using feature/dumphones like some Nokias where you can't install a modern messaging app.

This message was authored by Samli_Hill This message was authored by: Samli_Hill

Fixed. I just found a video to change message setting on phone.

ruthtaplin
Topic Author

Any chance you could share the link. I've tried everything and it still happens. Sky were no use at all 🙄

This message was authored by Samli_Hill This message was authored by: Samli_Hill Answer

Spoiler
The video was rubbish but these instructions were easier for me. I just searched for message settings on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S20) > more settings > multimedia settings > group conversations.

I then slid the button so it was turned off. Sent a text to two family members and it didn't auto convert to MMS nor error.

Hope this helps!
This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

@Hull0261 wrote:

I'm not sure what situation you mean,

If you send a picture via SMS where iMessage isn't available on the recipient for example (if MMS is enabled).  It will then use MMS.

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
ruthtaplin
Topic Author

Woohoo!!! It worked....thank you 😄 I've sent some test messages and they went through....so happy! 😅

Excellent news 😀👍

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion