Discussion topic: Private Landlord

This message was authored by Disco48 This message was authored by: Disco48

Private Landlord

My friend who is my landlord, so I rent his place, he has a sky account and its contract ends January/February. I want to set up a contract with sky so the broadband is under my name/account. He wants to stop paying the internet as he rather I pay it as I'm the one who live here. 
can this be done? Once his contract ends, my contract starts? 

All Replies

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Re: Private Landlord

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Disco48 

The landlord would need to cancel their account before you make a new order for broadband in your own name

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up
Disco48
Topic Author
This message was authored by Disco48 This message was authored by: Disco48

Ok 👍🏼 

can the person who fits in the new sky box use the same hole/wire, or do they need to move and drill another hole to move the box to another area of the room? (Hoping not the latter) 

This message was authored by cookiemonsteruk This message was authored by: cookiemonsteruk

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Disco48 wrote:

Ok 👍🏼 

can the person who fits in the new sky box use the same hole/wire, or do they need to move and drill another hole to move the box to another area of the room? (Hoping not the latter) 

If this is an fttc line fibre to the cabinet superfast line they they would just remotely activate the line and the landlord may be asked to return their hub

Could you enter your full postal address below and post the table and notes below after removing your address from the image to see what is available

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

----------------------------------------------------
Sky Stream , Sky Superfast, SR203 router, Tp link td w9970 + Asus RT AX58U (backup), Xbox Series X, google home mini, LG 43 inch UHD tv, samsung a5 2017 and samsung s21

If I get it right mark as answered
If I get it wrong humour me
If I say something you like give a thumbs up

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion