Discussion topic: Moving Home but need a new Broadband package for the current address

This message was authored by GavinWoods This message was authored by: GavinWoods

Moving Home but need a new Broadband package for the current address

Ok so I'm moving out of the family home to an apartment and want to take my sky package including my fibre optic broadband with me but my wife is staying at the current address and needs her own broadband package before I move mine. I think it normally takes at least a couple of weeks to set up a new package but there's no deadline for me to move out.

I also don't know yet if the apartment I'm moving to already has a satellite dish and if not how  difficult it will be to arrange one and if there will be issues as the building doesn't belong to me. Only the Apartment.

Is it possible to set up a new broadband package (for my wife so under a new accouny) at my current address before I move my package to my new address?

All Replies

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Re: Moving Home but need a new Broadband package for the current address

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GavinWoods 

Unfortunately not no. You cant place an order for a broadband package while you have an existing connection still active. You'd need to completely move yours away before it can be ordered. Alternatively you'd have to leave yours in place and take a new package for the new apartment. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
GavinWoods
Topic Author
This message was authored by GavinWoods This message was authored by: GavinWoods

Thanks for the reply. That's unfortunate as we both work from home so can't lose access to the Internet. My package is more than the wife wants so she won't want to take over payment of that and I'm a Diamond VIP customer so I won't get the same deal as a new customer for my new place. I'll call Sky to discuss. Thanks again.

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@GavinWoods 

One other option you have is to get a new line fitted to the home. This would mean your wife would have to use a different provider than Sky and it may also mean there is a one off charge for setup. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion