Discussion topic: Sport programme finishing before the end of the game

This message was authored by Potters5068 This message was authored by: Potters5068

Sport programme finishing before the end of the game

I have been recording the nba playoffs as they are normally at night  to watch the next evening and twice now the programme has ended before the game has ended. This is very frustrating and would like to know why this happens. When other sport events overrun like cricket , the coverage continues and I am sure the American broadcasters are not finishing the coverage early so why are sky.

All Replies

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: Sport programme finishing before the end of the game

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Potters5068 

A lot of customers, when recording live events, record the following programme as well in case it overruns. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

Did the programme end or did your recording end?

If the recording ended, I think it is that being 2 or 3 am or later, meant that the epg couldn't be manually adjusted to take into account

If I am recording sports when I am not there, I would record the next programme in the epg.

---------
ROI sky Q Customer
This message was authored by DAP74 This message was authored by: DAP74

I'm having the same issue so thanks for the advice. This works fine for a one off event but when you've series linked a live sports series that is on every night it's not that practical.  Would be great if Sky could find a solution when taking a feed direct from another provider. Lots of these games go down to the wire! 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion