Discussion topic: Freezing/buffering on Sky Sports +

This message was authored by Futureal This message was authored by: Futureal

Re: Continual freezing on Sports +

Just to clarify, I was quoting post #30 by @TimmyBGood in my own post above. Not sure why it didn't put the quote in and I can't edit it. 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Futureal 

These forums get 80 page long posts when iPhone delivery is delayed: by comparison the limited Sports+ threads would tend to suggest it's been surprisingly effective.  Of course some individual users will encounter issues with any new service, and there will inevitably be intermittent delivery glitches from some fixtures, but claiming that makes it a 'failure' or a 'disaster' is not sensible, and removes focus from where there are much wider problems, such as in the tennis coverage.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks alot for taking the time to give us feedback on Sky Sports+. Our teams are working hard to bring you the very best content across multiple different broadcasts on all different platforms and whilst most streams are being delivered smoothly, we’re aware of a small number of streams not running as they should for some customers as seen here on the Community forum and our social media handles.

We’re working collaboratively with the EFL and production partner IMG to resolve these as quickly as possible in real time, however your feedback is crucial to us.

I've put together a form so we can better understand the exact broadcasts you are experiencing freezing/buffering, this will allow us to report these back to support teams for review.

This form will take around 3 minutes to complete where I ask you to be as thorough as you can.

Prior to this form being filled out, we've identified some issues where this can be resolved using troubleshooting:

1. Ensure your Sky TV, or app is on the most up-to-date software.
  2. Your broadband connection is working and stable with a recommended speed of 25 Mb/s for HD and 30 Mb/s Ultra High Definition (UHD).

Please fill out this Microsoft Form: https://forms.office.com/e/vUtsk9DgSa

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by ftballman This message was authored by: ftballman

Re: Freezing/buffering on Sky Sports +

Looks like that linked site requires a login to save the survey.

This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks @ftballman I've disabled that so it doesn't cause confusion signing into another platform. Feel free to screenshot any of your answers if you'd like to keep them 🙂

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by pointerview This message was authored by: pointerview

Re: Service keeps getting interrupted during US Open matches

Yes, me too. Infuriating.

constantly freezing and cutting out.  Any solutions Sky?

This message was authored by djemba19 This message was authored by: djemba19

Upon trying to watch the Carabao Cup on both the Tuesday and Wednesday night on SkySports+ it didn't matter which game I selected to watch every single one froze or buffered at least ince if not twice within a minute making it impossible to continue watching. So although the idea of having every game on is great in principle, in reality it was impossible to watch any. Extremely disappointed to say the least. 

This message was authored by MJA1 This message was authored by: MJA1

@Chloe-W22  done but I think you have all the feedback in the  chats 

This message was authored by Spaving23 This message was authored by: Spaving23

Adding to my earlier post, I updated the Sky Q software, as instructed by the Sky virtual assistant, but it made no difference to the persistent freezing of the US Open matches on the Sky Sports + red button. 

This message was authored by A937 This message was authored by: A937

Sky sports + unwatchable due to freezing picture

Sky sports + picture constantly freezing poor show from sky good job it's free (for now) obviously it's a problem with their streaming as anything I watch live on discovery + is ok . 
sky engineers need to sort it out 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky sports + unwatchable due to freezing picture

@A937 

I have moved your post to the topic at hand where you can see that Sky are investigating (the post marked as the answer) and there is this fill you can fill in to help:

https://forms.office.com/e/vUtsk9DgSa

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by IanCh This message was authored by: IanCh

I received a response from Sky regarding my complaint and they are aware of the problem and doing all they can to rectify this problem. After checking out a few of the early matches yesterday they all had intermittent buffering issues 🤔

This message was authored by Hannah317 This message was authored by: Hannah317

I'm so glad to see it's not just us. It's infuriating when you think how much we pay for sky sports. We have problems with every sky sports channel. Last week when trying to watch F1 it kept crashing to the point we couldn't even watch it! 

This message was authored by Borntobeamiller This message was authored by: Borntobeamiller

Sky Sports + Buffering

I upgraded to Sky sports to get Sky Sports +, also upgraded to Full Fibre internet

every game i have watched on Sky Sports + has suffered buffering at the start of the game, then again 5 mins in, usually ok till half time, then the 1st weekend it went off altogether

also had issues with commentary being too quiet, that you can't hear it over the crowd

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky Sports + Buffering

@Borntobeamiller 

I have moved your post to where this is being discussed where if you want Sky have asked for people to fill in this form if you have the time:

https://forms.office.com/e/vUtsk9DgSa

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion