Discussion topic: Freezing/buffering on Sky Sports +

This message was authored by MrFreeze This message was authored by: MrFreeze

Re: Continual freezing on Sports +

Freezes and cut out regularly. Absolutely awful (Brighton v Crawley)

Probably better reception from a moody fire stick at a fraction of the price.

RetfordRob
Topic Author
This message was authored by RetfordRob This message was authored by: RetfordRob

Mines gone to a 6 minute deficit.......

This message was authored by TimCh This message was authored by: TimCh

Same glitching here every minute or so. And sometimes kicks back to main menu. 
I'm running on Sky Q multiroom and other streaming services are fine 

This message was authored by Chainy This message was authored by: Chainy

Mine same missed 2 goal as Rovers v Blacpool freezing every 2 minutes?
RetfordRob
Topic Author
This message was authored by RetfordRob This message was authored by: RetfordRob

Spoiler

I saw the first goal on BBC website...... then refreshed my Sky and they scored again......

This message was authored by MrFreeze This message was authored by: MrFreeze

Sort it out Sky. My lad will go straight to his paper round and miss a nights sleep if this freezes much more.

This message was authored by NigelTu This message was authored by: NigelTu

Sky sports+ stream keeps pausing for a second ot two or more after a while

Watching a football match and first half the stream paused for a second before restarting. Second half this happened more often and occurred every 20-30 seconds. Not good! Any help would be appreciated.

This message was authored by megson09 This message was authored by: megson09

Sky sports app

Hi.  I've had sky sports for years, no issues. However now when I watch football on the new sky sports app on my sky q it's constantly freezing.  My Internet is working ok.  Anyone any ideas?

This message was authored by Stingray100 This message was authored by: Stingray100

Picture freeze on sky sports plus

Watching Palace v Norwich tonight on sky sports + via Sky Q mini box and picture kept freezing. 
I endured it for 85 minutes as it was just for a few seconds each time but then the feed cut off and defaulted to the Home Screen. Presumably because the game had finished in real time. 
Anybody else have same problem ? 
My internet connection is good so confident that's not the problem. 

This message was authored by Tennis2000 This message was authored by: Tennis2000

Re: Picture freeze on sky sports plus

It's a sky issue and has been like this from day 1 of the sky sports launch on football and tennis streams. Many others has complained about this issue also.

This message was authored by eagleeye63 This message was authored by: eagleeye63

Re: Picture freeze on sky sports plus

I was also watching the Palace game. It was freezing just like a dodgy stream.  I've got Virgin with a 1 gig Internet connection. I gave up at 3-0 as it was freezing more than playing. 

This message was authored by Ivor+bigin This message was authored by: Ivor+bigin

why are sky tech team not repkying to constant issue for everyone including me, sky sports+ cannot cope with watching any match on skyq mini box without it freezing every few minutes.

This message was authored by IanCh This message was authored by: IanCh

Send a complaint to viewerR@sky.uk

and they will realise it's a major issue for customers!

This message was authored by Ivor+bigin This message was authored by: Ivor+bigin

it is a major issue for sky re so many complaints sky q mini bix freezing for few seconds every few minutes watching sky sports+  football matches. I am experiencing it myself, no problems main box.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Ivor+bigin wrote:

why are sky tech team not repkying to constant issue for everyone 

Probably because it's not affecting 'everyone'?

As I've remarked elsewhere, apart from the specific issues with rugby and tennis coverage the small number of posts suggests the launch of Sports+ has been remarkably successful.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion