Discussion topic: Freezing/buffering on Sky Sports +

This message was authored by IanCh This message was authored by: IanCh

Re: Continual freezing on Sports +

It may also be due to the fact that most people can't be bothered complaining 🤔

After the first day of the EFL season where some games were switched off by Sky at the end of 90 minutes and didn't show any additional time, Sky admitted there were technical issues and that they were working on them !

This message was authored by Raider999 This message was authored by: Raider999

How sky can claim this is an improvement beats me.  Every time I watch a game that isn't recordable on Sky sports+ I also get freezing every few  inches and thrown out of the stream 1 or 2 times a game.

I wonder if sky glass/stream suffer the same problems?

Lack of recording/full game replays is also a major problem for me.

Sent complaint to sky, their reply is basically tough live with it!

Will be cancelling when satellites stop working as I timeshift everything.

This message was authored by J-Bo This message was authored by: J-Bo

It's still doing it today on the Southampton game. Are all of us having the problem using Virgin Media for their broadband?

This message was authored by Jdenson97 This message was authored by: Jdenson97

Having the same issues and yes I have Virgin media internet 1GB. Is anyone having the same issues on Sky? 

This message was authored by Mrggt This message was authored by: Mrggt

Sky sports+ is very disappointing keeps freezing tried to pause to allow for buffering but no good have very good WiFi and wireless sky are charging too much disappointing 😩

This message was authored by Spaving23 This message was authored by: Spaving23

I am also experiencing repeated freezing (about every half minute) on the red button on Sky Sports +. I have very fast fibre broadband to the house and my router is 5 metres from the TV. Nevertheless I bought an ethernet cable today and connected the TV to the router. Still freezes. What is Sky saying about this? 

This message was authored by Rm1111 This message was authored by: Rm1111

Any of the sky sports  plus items football or tennis is freezing every minute. Whats going on please. It seems its been going on for months. Its clearly an at source issue as everyone has rebooted their systems etc with no joy. It really puts you off watching what should be some  great sports events. Please cpuld you try to remedy asap. Thanks 

This message was authored by IanCh This message was authored by: IanCh

Further to my comments last night i have purposely tuned in to every Sky+ match tonight and all of them have frozen or gone off screen. However the match on main Sky Sports Forest v Newcastle has no such issues 🤔 what a surprise

This message was authored by DuckieBoos This message was authored by: DuckieBoos

Re: Picture Intermittently Pixelating - Many Channels

Social media has exploded tonight with people complaining about the Sky Sports + channels pixilating. How much longer are SKY going to keep denying there's an issue with their distribution? It's not just a few people now SKY!! 

This message was authored by Lewy1410 This message was authored by: Lewy1410

Re: Sky sports +, on red button

Absolutely dreadful Sky Action+ coverage again tonight with all games on the red button, freezing and not bufferring correctly, making viewing impossible. It's no good Sky rolling out this service, when it clearly doesn't work ☹️ This needs sorting ASAP as it has been a problem since day 1 and still Sky have not fixed this. 

This message was authored by Lyndzos This message was authored by: Lyndzos

Service is very poor,, picture is continually freezing. It was the same last night and the same tonight, 50% more sport they say! 
not when the picture is unwatchable. 

This message was authored by USOpenFan This message was authored by: USOpenFan

Service keeps getting interrupted during US Open matches

Hi,

Every time I select a match to watch from on screen the quality is poor as it freezes and then just drops and automatically goes to the home page. Anyone else having this issue? I am unable to watch my favorite players!

This message was authored by J-Bo This message was authored by: J-Bo

I moved over to my main Sky Q box and there were less freezes and the few freezes I did get were much shorter. The multiroom boxes seem to make the problem worse.

This message was authored by Tennis2000 This message was authored by: Tennis2000

Absolute shambles from sky, this should've been tested thoroughly before the launch to iron any glitches out. 

This message was authored by Futureal This message was authored by: Futureal

This is extremely dismissive and ignorant. It's a significant issue for a lot of people and it's 100% Sky's fault. The service has been poorly implemented from the beginning. 

Someone commented on another thread about the Super Users being very quiet about the issue when they usually race to reply to most other issues and it is indeed very noticeable. 

Personally, I'm happy with the the deal I got for full Sky Sports a few weeks ago and was happy to renew my full contract. I saw this new service as a bonus and won't be using it very much as I don't have an EFL team I follow and generally prefer the main 4K HDR coverage of the main broadcasted matches. But if they're going to bring out a new service and make promises along with it, it should work properly. 

I hope the people who want to use Sky Sports + regularly get some answers and can enjoy watching their chosen matches and teams throughout the season without issues. 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion