Discussion topic: Freezing/buffering on Sky Sports +

This message was authored by Scfc1972 This message was authored by: Scfc1972

Re: Freezing/buffering on Sky Sports +

Just submitted the form, probably watching my 6th game on sky sports + and every game so far has pixelated or froze.

This message was authored by brid+dave This message was authored by: brid+dave

Watched my first game on the app since my complaint and fingers crossed it played without any glitches until i turned it off after an hour .....

looks like sky have taken action on it at last.

This message was authored by Tennis2000 This message was authored by: Tennis2000

It does seem like sky has sorted the freezing issue out as I've watched multiple tennis matches in the last couple of days without any freezing but the picture does pixelate occasionally but I can handle that 

This message was authored by SWJ2202 This message was authored by: SWJ2202

Watching Mansfield vs Cambridge, freezing constantly, missed Cambridge's equaliser 🤬🤬

Watched parts of season opener late August, it froze then.

Great idea, but flawed.

This message was authored by bigfoot666 This message was authored by: bigfoot666

Im trying to watch it too, EXACTLY the same thing is happening, freezing all the time and I too missed the equalizer. 

I keep trying to have  some faith in this service, but very, very poor. 

This message was authored by LBR1 This message was authored by: LBR1

Had to turn off the game yet again watching EFL games on Sky+. Was so excited when this was announced but the quality is awful. This isn't internet related as my dads also watching elsewhere with a different provider - freezes for so long you miss half the game. 3 goals so far and I've missed them all! What a waste of money this has ended up being. 

This message was authored by bigfoot666 This message was authored by: bigfoot666

Ive given up again for the weekend and decided to watch something else. 

Happens more often than not, only managed to watch one game all the way through since this was introduced, that was the first opening game involving Mansfield. I too was exciting when this service was announced, now...not so much, if at all.

Dont think ill bother with it the rest of the season as its not worth the stress, thank god its not a paid for service. 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I'm on Sky Stream and for the last week watching the Tennis on the Sky Sports + Tv app I have seen no issues.

The League One Mansfield match currently playing is stuttering very badly and has on a few occasions stalled.

The League One Northampton match playing now is playing out fine.

Not seeing any problems either with the two Championship matches that are currently playing and exclusive to Sky Sports +.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

I gave up as well - such a shame! 
We only added the sports package on for this so might get rid of it if this doesn't improve - fingers crossed Sky takes notice of how many people are flagging it! 

I'm watching Cambridge v Mansfield and haven't managed to see most of the second half because of the issues. My dad has had the same issue so it's strange that yours has been generally ok! 
We're in different locations and different broadband providers with fast speed when we checked! 

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When you see a problem, like the Mansfield match, send an email to the Sky Viewer relations team to report it;

ViewerR@sky.uk

It will be logged and passed on to assess.

Whether a fix for an individual match gets resolved quickly during play, it may or may not be possible. 
It does seem though, in this case that no one at Sky is seemingly monitoring the match, when it is playing out as bad as that Mansfield match has been.

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.

This is really helpful - thank you for sharing! It's worth a try! 

No problem at all with the Leeds game, on channel 412, thats fine as its the main offering. Same with Tennis on 412.

Its the streaming game that seems to be the issue via the Red Button, as people are posting.

Clearly Sky are not monitoring the Community either, 6 pages; 80+ on the topic.

I'm not accessing via 'Red button'.

I select the game via the Home Screen on Sky Q

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion