Discussion topic: Freezing/buffering on Sky Sports +

This message was authored by RetfordRob This message was authored by: RetfordRob

Freezing/buffering on Sky Sports +

First time Sports + user, trying to watch the Blackpool game. There's continual breaks or freezes which I thought would be internet issues....... but my VM is booting out 1gb at source and according to my phone, 500mb minimum where the Sky box is........ any ideas, (apart from rebooting as I've done that twice!)?

Moderator note: updated title to be more specific to freezing/buffering

Best Answers
This message was authored by Chloe-W22 This message was authored by: Chloe-W22 Answer

Re: Continual freezing on Sports +

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi all,

Thanks alot for taking the time to give us feedback on Sky Sports+. Our teams are working hard to bring you the very best content across multiple different broadcasts on all different platforms and whilst most streams are being delivered smoothly, we’re aware of a small number of streams not running as they should for some customers as seen here on the Community forum and our social media handles.

We’re working collaboratively with the EFL and production partner IMG to resolve these as quickly as possible in real time, however your feedback is crucial to us.

I've put together a form so we can better understand the exact broadcasts you are experiencing freezing/buffering, this will allow us to report these back to support teams for review.

This form will take around 3 minutes to complete where I ask you to be as thorough as you can.

Prior to this form being filled out, we've identified some issues where this can be resolved using troubleshooting:

1. Ensure your Sky TV, or app is on the most up-to-date software.
  2. Your broadband connection is working and stable with a recommended speed of 25 Mb/s for HD and 30 Mb/s Ultra High Definition (UHD).

Please fill out this Microsoft Form: https://forms.office.com/e/vUtsk9DgSa

Chloe-W22

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by IanCh This message was authored by: IanCh

Signed up for Sky Sports+ earlier this month for £20pm to specifically watch Bolton. They have been on twice so far including tonight and quality is abysmal to say the least!! Even shows message saying this programme is not streaming!

Not fit for purpose

This message was authored by MJA1 This message was authored by: MJA1

I seem to be having same issues and been told to reboot 😵💫 @RetfordRob  

I certainly know who wants rebooting ! 

This message was authored by DaveB26 This message was authored by: DaveB26

I'm trying to watch Coventry v Oxford and the programme keeps kicking me out every few minutes

I'm watching Coventry v Oxford via Sky Sports+ and it keeps stopping every few minutes. I can't really enjoy it as I'm constantly having to restart it! I tried to reset the box but that had no effect

My tv shows 44 minutes played and now have phone update from Sky saying it's half time 

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: I'm trying to watch Coventry v Oxford and the programme keeps kicking me out every few minutes

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Are you using a Sky Plus box?

Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
RetfordRob
Topic Author
This message was authored by RetfordRob This message was authored by: RetfordRob

Is this really is the future.........🤣

This message was authored by ArmyTyke This message was authored by: ArmyTyke

Same issue Barnsley v Sheffield Utd. Almost unwatchable. Freezes for 2 seconds every 2 or three minutes. Terrible service at the price paid.

This message was authored by Wild84 This message was authored by: Wild84

Sports +

Keeps kicking me out of the game and buffering intermittent, 71mb sec internet content, ironically with Sky!! Poor, poor service that has been paid for. 

I would hope someone from Sky is noting our comments because when I complained after first match they said there were some technical issues 😳😂

we should be refunded our monthly payment 

This message was authored by daniel.earnshaw This message was authored by: daniel.earnshaw

Re: I'm trying to watch Coventry v Oxford and the programme keeps kicking me out every few minutes

It isn't your box, it's the horrendous streaming service that is Sky Sports +, same trying to watch the Barnsley v Sheff Utd game. Buffering, freezing every min or so, completely unwatchable 

This message was authored by Lolboy This message was authored by: Lolboy

Re: Sports +

Same here - watching the Millwall Orient match on Sky+ and it keeps jumping channels to another Sky Sports game. Happening so often it's unwatchable. Glad to find this on here as I was just about to start resetting everything!  No other problems with the Sky boxes on all other channels - just Sky+

This message was authored by J-Bo This message was authored by: J-Bo

Happening to me too watching Brighton vs Crawley. Reconnected my Sky Q boxes and still freezing.

RetfordRob
Topic Author

Bring back EFL TV........

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion