Discussion topic: Annoying adverts popping up before watching video

This message was authored by boc1 This message was authored by: boc1

Annoying adverts popping up before watching video

Being forced to watch adverts on the sky news app is extremely annoying to the point I am going to delete the app and my whole vip subscription. I hope others do the same to stop sky exploiting their customers 

All Replies

This message was authored by andrewholdsworth This message was authored by: andrewholdsworth

Re: Annoying adverts popping up before watching video

I totally agree. Sky News is not an entertainment channel , it is a news channel.

For example when they offer to view  a video of the American President challenging its NATO membership and when I click play to see it as this is important  I do not expect to have  it trivialised  with a minute long advert asking if I am ever 50 and wouldn I like to buy  a load of crap.

This shows how sky News is nowhere near the professional and serious level of the BBC

Sky, get your act together

you have enough money for goodness sake

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Annoying adverts popping up before watching video

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Well the BBC aren't a commerical channel so can't show the adverts. I have a suspision if they were allowed to make addition revenue from Ads that is exactly what the BBC would be doing before their videos.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion