Discussion topic: Sky Sports App content on PC

This message was authored by KarlosPaigos This message was authored by: KarlosPaigos

Sky Sports App content on PC

Hi,

So I was looking forward to watching the Chesterfield v Swindon game on the first night of Sky Sports+ (and hoping to see more of them this season) using a pc. But the game does not seem to be available on the Sky Sports website to launch the desktop application. Only those games already being broadcast on the satelite service are available. I only have a Sky HD+ set top box which apparently is too old for the service (bring back the red button). Also there doesn't seem to be any way to switching to the game on the desktop Sky Go App. I could try the Sky sports app on the titchy 6 inch screen of my mobile phone (opposed to a more sensible 21 inch monitor). However I would have to risk getting 3rd degree burns due to the fact it has to be constantly charging, less it runs dead just as something interesting happens.

I shouldn't be surprised though, it would be too easy to provide coverage of a game that is being streamed live on the streaming website!!

I would much appreciate it if this could be sorted out before the next Swindon game please. 

Regards,

Disappointed Robins fan.

Moderator note: Amended title to better reflect query

Best Answers
This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

Re: How do I choose an alternative EFL game on Sky Sports+ using a pc?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@KarlosPaigos  Unfortunately sky has no current plans to make the streams available on a pc or Mac 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by thegreenster This message was authored by: thegreenster

Can i watch Sky Sports Plus on MacBook?

If so - How? Please

(If above Not possible - Can i watch Sky Sports plus on Sky Go on Ps4? Or iPad?)

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Re: Can i watch Sky Sports Plus on MacBook?

The Sky Sports + app is available on Sky Q, Sky Glass and Sky Stream and the extra sports streams via the Sky Sports app on IOS and Android.

Only the Sky Sports + linear channel can be watched via Sky Go (I.e you won't get all the bonus streams).

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@thegreenster  Your other thread has been removed as your asking the same question again, in addition Sky Go does not support red button matches, it never had, so the reply given by @MarkGoldsmith is correct, a Sky employee would give the same info so at a loss as to why youneed an employee to explain the answer.

Simply put if you want to watch matches not on the main channel you will need to use the Sky Sports app.  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by thegreenster This message was authored by: thegreenster

I asked my question differently as I wanted to know...

- WHY Sky doesn't provide a way to watch Sky Sports Plus on laptops. 

I am new to the Forum and didn't know I wasn't allowed to ask that sort of question. 

(I feel like the unsure student who has been put in his place by teacher)

This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

@thegreenster wrote:

If so - How? Please

(If above Not possible - Can i watch Sky Sports plus on Sky Go on Ps4? Or iPad?)

@thegreenster this is a community of other Sky customers so you won't get that sort of answer on this forum.

Typically Sky don't provide public justifications for business decisions

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by pete5285 This message was authored by: pete5285

anyone let me know why i cant watch live stream content via the sky sports app on my laptop

Trying to watch rugby league live stream via sky sports app on my laptop, but isnt having it. when i click on"open live stream" for a specific game, it then goes onto the next page saying "sorry, we cant find the page you were looking for". Just wondering whether this is possible on laptop another way or am i stuck watching it on my mobile, which is annoying , when i`m sat at home!

Any help or answers will be greatly appreciated.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf Answer

@KarlosPaigos  Unfortunately sky has no current plans to make the streams available on a pc or Mac 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

KarlosPaigos
Topic Author
This message was authored by KarlosPaigos This message was authored by: KarlosPaigos

Ok, thanks @SKY1992bf  for the prompt reply. Fire risk phone it has to be then 😞

This message was authored by johnf1234 This message was authored by: johnf1234

sky sports plus - selecting a match on sky sports application

I usually watch sky sports on my laptop via the sky sports application - which works just fine

the new sky sports plus channel allows you to select which match you wish to watch - but nobody seems to know how to select a match via the laptop - can anybody help?

This message was authored by Pry This message was authored by: Pry

Re: sky sports plus - selecting a match on sky sports application

You need to download the app first, once downloaded you need to go to the live sports and click on what you want to watch, that will then start up the app.

The problem I am having is I am trying to watch the Rugby League match and when I click on the match, a football match keeps on popping up.

Thank god my subscription is about to lapse in October, will be cancelling.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Re: sky sports plus - selecting a match on sky sports application

@johnf1234 @Pry  You can only watch the linear channels on a laptop pc or Mac 

the extra streams are only available via the sky sports mobile app for phones and tablets only or the app on a sky glass tv , stream puck or Q box 

Re: anyone let me know why i cant watch live stream content via the sky sports app on my laptop

@pete5285 wrote:

Trying to watch rugby league live stream via sky sports app on my laptop, but isnt having it. when i click on"open live stream" for a specific game, it then goes onto the next page saying "sorry, we cant find the page you were looking for". Just wondering whether this is possible on laptop another way or am i stuck watching it on my mobile, which is annoying , when i`m sat at home!

Any help or answers will be greatly appreciated.

To access the additional streams of football and rugby this evening you need to use the Sky Sports mobile app for phones and tablets, you cannot watch them on a laptop or desktop computer.

NOT a Sky Employee

This message was authored by Neil+D+F This message was authored by: Neil+D+F

Re: anyone let me know why i cant watch live stream content via the sky sports app on my laptop

With you all the way.

What on earth is the point of having a "open live stream" link online which just does not work.

So if, like our household, you have Sky+ the only way to use this new streaming service is on a tiny phone screen. It won't even let you cast that to your TV.

Thanks for nothing Sky.

@Neil+D+F wrote:

With you all the way.

What on earth is the point of having a "open live stream" link online which just does not work.

So if, like our household, you have Sky+ the only way to use this new streaming service is on a tiny phone screen. It won't even let you cast that to your TV.

Thanks for nothing Sky.

I'd suggest sending your feedback over to the Viewer Relations Team via viewerR@sky.uk .

I suspect they will be indundated with complaints about the implementation of this service over the next few days. I suspect the more people that complain the greater the likelihood of things actually changing.

The forum superusers have also been collating comments from the threads on here, and feeding that back along with our own opinions to Sky's Community Team, so that they can be seen by the right people.

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 7 hours

New Discussion