Discussion topic: Iv payed my bill but it’s still saying I need to pay and they have cut me off and won’t let me recon

This message was authored by Keenan2 This message was authored by: Keenan2

Iv payed my bill but it’s still saying I need to pay and they have cut me off and won’t let me recon

Hello, I payed my sky bill manually last night because I realised that my direct debt didn't get taken out and the only reason I noticed was because they cut me off, I payed it expecting it to come back on and it hasn't and it keeps saying I need to make a payment when iv already payed 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Iv payed my bill but it’s still saying I need to pay and they have cut me off and won’t let me r

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Keenan2 

If you pay by Direct Debit Sky will have attempted to take payment twice in the last 10 days and both have failed. If you've made a manual payment in between those two dates you will have technically paid next months bill not the late one.

If your services have been restricted (and it’s normally only a missed payment that triggers this), any calls to Sky will direct you to make the payment. Sky won’t reinstate your services until you’ve paid what is owed in full and set up a new continuous payment method. If your payment is two or more weeks overdue you will need to pay the next bill as well.

If you can’t pay it all in one go you can pay what you want, but until the bill is fully paid Sky will not reinstate your services. Sky don't allow payment plans on overdue live accounts, nor will they consider promises to pay on or by a certain date.

Once your full payment has cleared and is in Sky’s account your services should be reinstated, but this may not be instant. Any payment you make over a weekend isn’t likely to be processed until the following week as banks are closed.

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
Keenan2
Topic Author
This message was authored by Keenan2 This message was authored by: Keenan2

Re: Iv payed my bill but it’s still saying I need to pay and they have cut me off and won’t let me r

Hello, I played this months one I did I made sure of it, it tells me my next month bill when I check my future bills 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Keenan2 

Have you set up a new payment method?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MarkGoldsmith This message was authored by: MarkGoldsmith

Also as pointed out by @Daniel0210 just because you may have paid it it will take a while for the money to clear into sky bank and for that to then be processed against your account and restrictions lifted. 

to be honest I'd expect it to likely take 48-72 hours after a manual payment as been made for the money to clear and for restrictions to be removed.

Sky Stream user. Former Sky+ HD and Sky Broadband customer
Please LIKE any responses you found helpful
Please mark a response as an ANSWER if it has solved your query/issue

NOT a Sky Employee

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 50 minutes

New Discussion