Discussion topic: Gangs of London Seasons 2 picture quality)

This message was authored by Pauliomp100 This message was authored by: Pauliomp100

Gangs of London Seasons 2 picture quality)

Anyone else think the SKY Q picture quality for the UHD version of GOL Season 2 seems very patchy and blocky? I understand film grain and im sure some of it is intentional grittiness, but im sure a lot of what im seeing is  poor picture quality, almost like it's buffering. But it can't be as it's a downloaded version. Im using a SKY Q 2TB box and Sony 65" A80J tv. 

All Replies

This message was authored by fizzdisco This message was authored by: fizzdisco

Re: Gangs of London Seasons 2 picture quality)

@Pauliomp100 wrote:

Anyone else think the SKY Q picture quality for the UHD version of GOL Season 2 seems very patchy and blocky? I understand film grain and im sure some of it is intentional grittiness, but im sure a lot of what im seeing is  poor picture quality, almost like it's buffering. But it can't be as it's a downloaded version. Im using a SKY Q 2TB box and Sony 65" A80J tv. 

It's down to much of GOL being quite dark and Sky using excessive compression, the artefacts from which will only be exacerbated by being viewed on a large, good quality 65" OLED screen such as you have. 

Have you compared the UHD and UHD with HDR versions?

Pauliomp100
Topic Author
This message was authored by Pauliomp100 This message was authored by: Pauliomp100

Good shout. I hadn't thought to check the other versions. I'll give it a go in the week. 👍🏻

This message was authored by jayceeboro22 This message was authored by: jayceeboro22

I totally agree, I thought my Samsung Q70T TV was on the blink!!

I have downloaded it in HD, UHD & UHDR and it is really bad!!

It looked like water was running down the walls in some scenes, and the faces of the characters were glowing abd blotchy

I stopped it and put on a downloaded a film and it was perefct, surely someone else must have noticed it, or maybe they want to go to Specsavers.

I bet we do not get a response from Sky

Take Care

John

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@jayceeboro22 wrote:

I bet we do not get a response from Sky

Not here.

Viewer Relations are the people to report it to: viewerr@sky.uk 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion