Discussion topic: Data rip off

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

Data rip off

I have been with Sky 7 years always had loads of Data saved and got my partner signed up with them last year, now I cannot get through one month with 4 gb , there is a scam going on and need's investigated, we know what you are doing SKY you are making people upgrade data for money, it's not because we are using all our data, it's because you are making it disappear 🤔

All Replies

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Data rip off

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That's quite an allegation on a public forum.

Have you checked your device counters to see where the data is going?

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by daveNOS This message was authored by: daveNOS

@Anonymous I don't suppose you've looked at what apps are using the data have you?

No provider would deliberately make data disappear, that would make zero sense as it would anger the user base and risk involvement from the regulators.

If what you say was true this section of the forum would be filled with similar complaining posts and well it's not....

-------- Please note i am not a Sky employee ----------
Topic Author
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

But it is ! It is filled with people saying the very same thing that data used to last and now it is not. Think offcom need to look at this.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@Anonymous wrote:

But it is ! It is filled with people saying the very same thing

@Anonymous 

I think that's a vast over exaggeration. I hope that with the accusations you're making on a public forum operated by Sky you have some evidence (also see the Community forum rules). Be aware that we are customers on here and you aren't addressing Sky. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

@Anonymous wrote:

But it is ! It is filled with people saying the very same thing that data used to last and now it is not. Think offcom need to look at this.

it's not though is it, looking back at the first 5 pages there are maybe 5 posts complaining about data use(that's out of 150 posts), if Sky where doing what you alledge then the post count would be considerably higher.

Have you checked your apps to see what is using the data? Or are you going to ignore that question again because it would prove its nothing to do with Sky and all to do with the apps you use?

@daveNOS wrote:
all to do with the apps you use?

...or the ones in the background that you're not actually 'using'...

I'd be reseting and checking usage counters and settings before making accusations of fraudulent behaviour.

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Hi @Anonymous  especially look at Facebook and Twitter and make sure the auto play videos features are disabled. As lots more apps use data these days it's not surprising if data useage is going up. Are you streaming videos or music as that will substantially increase data usage. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have a look at all apps that are running and any that you do not use then you should be able to disable them to save on data usage.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Ah, the usual outcomes...

1) The OP claims we work for Sky, or

2) Account gets deleted

😁

@PandJ2020 So option 2 is the winner... Funny how many do that after ranting and making accusations and avoiding genuine troubleshooting questions.

This message was authored by SkyUser1988 This message was authored by: SkyUser1988

I have a sim contract that I have left running by it's off in the drawer because I roll the 10gb pf unused data onto my other contract but the 10gb has disappeared and now it states 390mb left..even though there is no way of it being used by that sim.. soo something is definitely going on 🤔

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@SkyUser1988 wrote:

soo something is definitely going on 🤔

Reminder: Unused data lasts for 12 months.

There's no limit to how much data you can save, but it automatically expires after 12 months if you don't use it. So, each month, any data that’s 12 months old will drop off your Sky Piggybank balance. We don't send any reminders for this.

For example:

• Data added in May 2024 will expire in June 2025.

Example:

Say your Sky Piggybank balance is 100GB and the data rolled over for last month is 5GB. So, you’re expecting your Piggybank balance to be 105GB (100 + 5).

But as some data that’s 12 months old has automatically expired, for example, 2GB has expired, your Piggybank balance will be 103GB instead of 105GB (105 – 2).

Check your balance and expired data details

Sign into your Sky Piggybank online or select Roll data in the My Sky app and scroll down to ‘Your Piggybank Activity’.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-mobile-sky-piggybank 

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion