Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Dawy1 wrote:

this has been like this since friday morning 

my mum is 92 years old and can't get out so this is what she likes doing 

try the steps advice and nothing is working 

when trying to get in touch with someone the phone line go like phone been put down on you so can't even get through to talk to anyone 

this is disappointing been with sky a lone time not happy 

This is the resolution that works, that you have to do and is getting Sky Customers back and working.

Keep trying it.

Follow the procedure exactly as described for Sky Stream in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Matt02021 This message was authored by: Matt02021

I've tried 1 minute. 2 minutes. 5 minutes. Still nothing. I've starting to get arthritis in my fingers 

This message was authored by Hobbayne64 This message was authored by: Hobbayne64

Has anybody managed to successfully connect Sky Glass via an Ethernet cable, and if so, when the cable was unplugged, was it still connected? I am terrified to pull out my Ethernet cable. in case this happens and the whole lot goes down again 

This message was authored by Superzob This message was authored by: Superzob

Re: Sky puck flashes white then turns off.

Try buttons 1&3 - worked for us.

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

@Debbie95 wrote:

Everyone is talking about sky glass. What about sky stream puk. I've tried the link on page 2 and still not working. I'm not expert and for sky to expect us to sort this ourselves is out of order

This is the resolution that works for both Sky Glass and Sky Stream, follow the Sky Stream procedure as below.

Make sure you keep the button pressed down and keep down until,it's flashed different colours many a number of times. To make it easier turn the puck upside down, so it's easier to hold the button down for this process and return the right way when it's all back up.

Follow the procedure exactly as described for Sky Stream in post 2 of this thread, flagged as the Answer post from Sky. 

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Glass-Live/Sky-Glass-Power-up-Issues-19-9-24/m-p/4757859#M147519

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Lesley07 This message was authored by: Lesley07

Thank you to everyone on here that help people . I finally got my TV working again using the my mobile hotspot .

Thank you so much I appreciate the help

This message was authored by Alunbuckley This message was authored by: Alunbuckley

Hi ive managed to do a hard reset on the tv but now not connecting to the internet
This message was authored by Susanne6 This message was authored by: Susanne6

I've had no tv since Friday morning it's a joke been on phone for nearly a hour trying to speak to some one I've got no light on tv on on side 

This message was authored by Toni7 This message was authored by: Toni7

Skys back on everyone

The sky is back on 

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Susanne6 wrote:

I've had no tv since Friday morning it's a joke been on phone for nearly a hour trying to speak to some one I've got no light on tv on on side 

The recovery process in post 2 of this thread worked for my glass and I had no lights on my set 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
GD1
Topic Author
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Susanne6  Have you attempted to follow the ateps in post 2 (post marked as answer) that have been up since yesterday?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by harry+hill+farm This message was authored by: harry+hill+farm

My TV not turning on sky glass TV issue no light

Hi,

I am inderjit kakkad from Friday my TV is not turning on I had tried everything, even I called sky TV contact number after 2 hours wait they disconnected the call but not helping me at all my little one crying for TV.

This message was authored by Claire1239 This message was authored by: Claire1239

Ok

Sky Glass user, no pucks, (virgin supplies broadband) can get TV on, get to my activation code, but get the ‘oops there’s a problem” and yes I’m logged in already, tried on phone, laptop, iPad and even another android iPad I remembered I had.

Here’s the weird thing, I thought I would try and be productive and sort my phone subscription out with a completely different company I use, logged in fine, clicked upgrade

its saying I’m off line, I’m not as wouldn’t be able to scroll on my iPad device, plus I’ve just logged in, all my info comes up. I’m getting Error pages pop up, it’s like something has changed in the background, tried logging in with all other devices. 

I feel this is linked somehow, has it been hacked? 

Also tried, Microsoft browsers, google chrome & incognito chrome

I wish they would just tell us something! I’ve never had problems with sky, whenever 

ive had a connection issue, it’s been a quick call and paitent person on the other side

solving the issue. Changed to sky glass since this April, this is the first big problem in years!

This message was authored by Jporch316 This message was authored by: Jporch316

@Alunbuckley wrote:
Hi ive managed to do a hard reset on the tv but now not connecting to the internet

Can you connect your tv to the router with an ethernet cable temporarily 

——————————————————————————
43inch and 55 inch Sky Glass & 3 Pucks on virgin media M350 hub 5x. 4 x sky mobile sims. Pretend guitar aficionado .. rock on!
This message was authored by Fothergill1 This message was authored by: Fothergill1

@Susanne6  For most subscribers this issue was resolved yesterday morning.  Read post 2 of this thread for the solution.

Note - If you are asked to enter a PIN ignore it and simply switch the puck off at the wall for a few seconds and then stitch it back on.

------------------------------------------
If my post has solved your issue please mark as an "Answer"
If it has helped please give it a "Like"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion