Discussion topic: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

This message was authored by Val661 This message was authored by: Val661

Re: Sky Glass Power up Issues 19-9-24

Mine is working now! 

This message was authored by Amy150 This message was authored by: Amy150

Sky glass won’t turn on standby light blinking

My sky glass won't turn on the red light is blinking 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

Firstly, please accept our sincere apologies for this problem and for your patience whilst we work through this problem.

We have been working through the night to improve this problem. For those who are still impacted, can you now carry out these steps, please. We continue to work on the problem in the background.

I have updated the steps that I posted previously.

If you see a message where your PIN is not accepted, can you restart the TV/Puck please.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by martin169 This message was authored by: martin169

Just done a hard reset and the sky glass has come back to life,

turn off at the mains then push the power button on the side of the tv, hold the button in and turn mains power back on, wait for red light to start blinking then release button. tv should now update and reset, just follow on screen instructions. i did not loose any saved programs or lists

This message was authored by JillR1 This message was authored by: JillR1

Tried IT, but my Glass TV still won't power up.  In case it's of interest, my puck is working on a non glass TV

This message was authored by Jodie892 This message was authored by: Jodie892

Out Skyglass has been off since 9pm last night I've only managed to turn it on with holding the power button down on side for it to flash faster then finally turn on , now doing update, I'm furious as we've ordered another freaking the tv was broken 

This message was authored by martin169 This message was authored by: martin169

Will sky be offering some compernsation for the outage affecting so many customers for so long?

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Yet this isn't working for everyone though. You're essentially just tell people to turn it on and off again. 

Sky is acting very incompetent. 

This message was authored by PaulRC1963 This message was authored by: PaulRC1963

Don't hold your breathe on that one. Sky will wiggle their way out of owing affected customers anything. 

This message was authored by Pam+savage This message was authored by: Pam+savage

Didn't work  tried so many times

This message was authored by Jpointon This message was authored by: Jpointon

I have been trying to switch my Sky Glass TV on all day, the red standby light is showing inhave followed app steps to power up via TV and remoye and the issue still isn't fixed i have been on hold to get through to support for 1 hour and 40 minutes and had to hang up due to working from home please can someone confirm if there is anything else i can do? 

This message was authored by JillR1 This message was authored by: JillR1

Mine didn't, but I hadn't waited for the red button to flash before I released the power button.  I just did that and it's updating 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Jpointon 

Have you tried the advice in post 2 currently showing as the answer to this thread?

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Pam+savage This message was authored by: Pam+savage

They don't answer  phone . I wanta new tv if broken . Tried everything 

They have our money, they aren't interested in a "fix"

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion