Discussion topic: French Open

This message was authored by Pixie272 This message was authored by: Pixie272

French Open

Is Eurosport only showing one match as I wished to watch the Rublev game and there is only the main court showing with Sonego/Humbert.  If this is the case it is very disappointing to say the least.

Best Answers
This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

Re: French Open

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pixie272 wrote:

Is Eurosport only showing one match as I wished to watch the Rublev game and there is only the main court showing with Sonego/Humbert.  If this is the case it is very disappointing to say the least.

Well there was the mountain bike world cup on eurosport now so some times other events will be on.

Today is also the final stage of the Giro di italia this afternoon.

Eurosport have to cater to fans of various sports for their linear offering and now instead of showing the men's mountain bike world cup (moving that to their streaming platform), they have both channels showing tennis.

But a lot of the time, at least this week will be on both eurosport stations.

Eurosport will also broadcast games via their streaming option Discovery plus, the eurosport content are on the standard (available at no extra cost to sky q, sky glass, sky stream customers) 

A cursory glance at the app for discovery plus, show approximately 10 matches on it now.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus-roi

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Pixie272  That is not a Sky decision but Eurosport, you should be able to get other matches on the Discovery+ app

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte Answer

@Pixie272 wrote:

Well there was the mountain bike world cup on eurosport now so some times other events will be on.

Today is also the final stage of the Giro di italia this afternoon.

Eurosport have to cater to fans of various sports for their linear offering and now instead of showing the men's mountain bike world cup (moving that to their streaming platform), they have both channels showing tennis.

But a lot of the time, at least this week will be on both eurosport stations.

Eurosport will also broadcast games via their streaming option Discovery plus, the eurosport content are on the standard (available at no extra cost to sky q, sky glass, sky stream customers) 

A cursory glance at the app for discovery plus, show approximately 10 matches on it now.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-marketplace-subscribe-to-discovery-plus-roi

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

Pixie272
Topic Author

When the tennis tournaments were with Amazon Prime it was certainly a lot better than with Sky and Eurosport as one could record various matches and at the moment I have the option of recording a morning slot and then record again an afternoon slot to name just one of the frustrating points.  In addition, whilst watching live one cannot pause a match as this function does not work on my system unless it has been recorded beforehand.  
Eurosport has the contract for the four grand slams and I never remember it being as poor as it is now as I am sure I could choose which match on different courts I wished to watch regardless of other sports being televised.

@Pixie272  As already advised, have you used the discovery+ app as that is where they are showing additonal matches.

Streaming is becoming a more cost effective way for broadcasters like Europsort to show addition matches due tp the cost if renting additional satalite capacity.  Again it's not a Sky decision in this case as Sky don't have any say on how Eurosport operate.

And as far as I know it would have been impossible to "record" matches on Amazon prime as there is no functionality for it to happen.

Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Pixie272 wrote:

Eurosport has the contract for the four grand slams 

Not in the UK.  Sky has British television rights to the US Open until 2028, and Wimbledon remains on the BBC as a protected event under Ofcom regulation.

Eurosport has rights to all four in some other European countries.

Edit: actually only the Wimbledon singles finals are fully protected, but for the All England to choose anyone but the BBC would presumably signal the End Times have arrived...

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
Pixie272
Topic Author

Thank you I have now found the additional matches on Discovery + and you are correct that Wimbledon is shown on the BBC.  
I have to say though Prime was a lot easier to navigate than Sky possibly because, like many, I was a lot more familiar with it than having switched to Sky.

This message was authored by CR48 This message was authored by: CR48

But you have to pay on discovery+

This message was authored by nolte This message was authored by: nolte

@CR48 wrote:

The basic Discovery Plus (entertainment and eurosport) is available at no extra cost for sky q, sky stream, and sky glass customers.

Tnt sport costs extra (where available

---------
ROI sky Q Customer

@CR48 wrote:

No you don't not if you have the Discovery + sub through Sky, the Tennis is free on the D+ app

This message was authored by James8787 This message was authored by: James8787

Is there no 4K coverage this year?

This message was authored by nigea99 This message was authored by: nigea99

@James8787 wrote:

Is there no 4K coverage this year?

Eurosport 1 is currently availble in UHD/HDR

This message was authored by dellboy42 This message was authored by: dellboy42

@GD1 Hope you can help me. I have a Sky Sports subscription plus TNT Sports. I view with a SkyQ box. Trying to watch different tennis matches but no red button option on Eurosport. I have 

the Discovery + app but although there are lots of matches listed, if I select any of them the screen says I need a TNT Sport subscription but I already have one. Any ideas please?

Sound is badly out of sinc.

On the 4k channel.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion