Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by G-Man99 This message was authored by: G-Man99

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Ok for info my Netflix IS WORKING NOW

steps I tried

1. Power cycle  the sky box. 

result -Netflix worked until another app was accessed - even bought a remote control power socket to make easier to power cycle. 

2. refreshed apps on sky box. 

result - no real difference. 

3. on rhe Netflix website on a browser removed sky box and rebooted sky box

result - same as item 1 but think more to do with rebooting sky box so worked till another app used. 

4. after a reboot accessed Netflix and selected exit from menu, also exited prime video app rather than just selecting home.

result - Netflix is behaving normally even if just using home button to change app. 

conclusion-I do not know if this combination of actions made any difference or if something else changed but wanted to share in case it helps anyone else. 

This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

That's interesting. I wonder if everyone who has the problem also used the prime app

This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

Further observation to the loading via app.

1. will load on minibox

2. seems to be a "warm up period" between turning SKY on, on TV, and getting to access an app. In other words switch on and straight to app doesn't work, or doesn't work well. One has to let the box "warm up" to the numerous tabs.

3. If one recalls, in times past of early SKY Q and 2 TB box, there were not that many streaming services that there are now. Hence it is likely the box was not desisgned to accommodate everything on offer.

4. On the app tab, I also timed the loading up of the ITV X platform from the app tab - 30 seconds until full access.

5. I have also found that accessing Netflix from home page tab seems to work - when there is a suggestion that is netflix. I guess this may be a form of "pre load" access - but whilst you approach the singular netflix suggestion the whole of Netflix must load.

6. I know I bang on about it, but it seems to me that this is platform bloat from adding more and more streaming services onto a platform tab that was never designed as such. Th erange of apps today exceeds what was initially offered and available.

7. I do have a relatively stable Netflix access now by a) not accessing the app until the TV has been on for a while b) slowly (10 second pause) moving app to app so Netflix is #4 on the list c) at least every day accessing Netlfix even if not watching then and there to boot it up from sleep to action.

8. I'm guessing that eventually it will be that SKY will have to offer a newer box that has the memory capacity of 2 TB but also the expanded running memory for apps. A PC the SKY Q box is not.

9. Final thought as per 7 - slow down don't think it is like your PC operating system of click and view, its streaming and that is a data load

This message was authored by Steviez This message was authored by: Steviez

Netflix won't open just spinning no connection

Netflix won't open just spinning ??
This message was authored by MightyQuinn This message was authored by: MightyQuinn

Re: Netflix won't open just spinning no connection

Hi @Steviez   

Join the thousands of people in the same boat with a work-a-round until Netflix/Sky fix it.

Answered: Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch - Page 122 | Sky Community 

This message was authored by A+s+belal This message was authored by: A+s+belal

Hi

Hi,

My Netflix is not working for couple of weeks now. Keeps on saying loading and it doesn't load. 
how do I fix that please 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Hi

@A+s+belal 

Are you, like quite a few others, seeing a red spinning circle? 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Yes it is a red circle 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@A+s+belal 

You've posted this on Sky Q and Sky+ boards so which do you have?

Sky customer since 2001

sky Q I have

@A+s+belal 

I've moved your post into a large thread discussing this very issue. Please see the post (number 2) currently showing as the answer. 

Yourvother thread has been removed. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@A+s+belal wrote:

sky Q I have

@A+s+belal 

Follow the Advice here:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Netflix-Red-Spinning-Circle-on-Launch/m-p/4694387/highlight/true#...

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

@piepowder wrote:

Further observation to the loading via app.

1. will load on minibox

2. seems to be a "warm up period" between turning SKY on, on TV, and getting to access an app. In other words switch on and straight to app doesn't work, or doesn't work well. One has to let the box "warm up" to the numerous tabs.

3. If one recalls, in times past of early SKY Q and 2 TB box, there were not that many streaming services that there are now. Hence it is likely the box was not desisgned to accommodate everything on offer.

4. On the app tab, I also timed the loading up of the ITV X platform from the app tab - 30 seconds until full access.

5. I have also found that accessing Netflix from home page tab seems to work - when there is a suggestion that is netflix. I guess this may be a form of "pre load" access - but whilst you approach the singular netflix suggestion the whole of Netflix must load.

6. I know I bang on about it, but it seems to me that this is platform bloat from adding more and more streaming services onto a platform tab that was never designed as such. Th erange of apps today exceeds what was initially offered and available.

7. I do have a relatively stable Netflix access now by a) not accessing the app until the TV has been on for a while b) slowly (10 second pause) moving app to app so Netflix is #4 on the list c) at least every day accessing Netlfix even if not watching then and there to boot it up from sleep to action.

8. I'm guessing that eventually it will be that SKY will have to offer a newer box that has the memory capacity of 2 TB but also the expanded running memory for apps. A PC the SKY Q box is not.

9. Final thought as per 7 - slow down don't think it is like your PC operating system of click and view, its streaming and that is a data load

I doubt the proliferation of apps is a problem. Storage is not memory. You load what you need from the hard drive into memory when it's launched and dump it when you need the memory resources to run something else. Computers have always worked like this.

but there could be something to your observation about some kind of pre-cached sign-in to netflix populating a recommendation tile.

I tried restarting the settings but now the whole sky box doesn't turn on 

@A+s+belal wrote:

I tried restarting the settings but now the whole sky box doesn't turn on 

What do you get on-screen?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion