Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by Collinsc This message was authored by: Collinsc

Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

Hi

Netflix is often not working on SkyQ. We have checked the Netlfix website and there are no problems with Netflix itself.

We rang up before and sky had directed us to the hidden menu to "refresh apps". However, the "Refresh apps" is no longer there, or perhaps moved?

We have Sky Broadband Ultrafast 1 (FTTP) and are getting good speeds.

Advice appreciated on what might be causing this issue, and where we can locate "Refresh apps".

Thanks

Moderator note: subject of thread updated to better reflect the conversation

Best Answers
This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia Answer

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi Everyone

We want to thank everyone for their contribution and understanding whilst we continue to work through this problem.

You will find that the spinning circle will be replaced by the error message "Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102."  

You will be able to clear the fault much quicker and easier than before, by selecting 'more details'

KevNewMedia_0-1725002781537.png

Followed by 'reset.' This will enable you to get back up and running much quicker.

KevNewMedia_1-1725002800276.png

We appreciate the time everyone has taken to provide the examples and no longer need you to fill in the form.

I'm marking this post as the answer, so that people can see this update without having to read the entire thread.  This doesn't mean that the problem is fixed, however we've been able to implement the workaround into the message, to make things easier.  When the problem is resolved, we will let everyone know.

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Teresa+SB This message was authored by: Teresa+SB

Netflix Won't Load / Spinning Circle

Netflix will not load - keep buffering

Moderator comments: edited title

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

Re: Netflix on sky q will not load

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Teresa+SB wrote:

Netflix will not load - keep buffering

Assume you have tried rebooting your Q box @Teresa+SB 

To reboot press Standby on your Sky Q remote (if the box responds to the remote), and then switch off and unplug at the mains.
Wait at least 30 secs and then Plug back in and switch your Sky Q box back on at the mains.
Wait for the on screen instructions to disappear and the front led to turn Amber. Then wait for 30 secs before you press Home on your Sky Q remote or if this is not working press the standby button on the front of the Q box (Amber led)

note: some features may take up to 5 minutes to return.

This message was authored by Bernieboy14 This message was authored by: Bernieboy14

I can’t load the Netflix app

I have the circle going round when I try to access the Netflix app on the sky menu

This message was authored by Teresa+SB This message was authored by: Teresa+SB

Tried that

This message was authored by oldfella This message was authored by: oldfella

@Teresa+SB wrote:

Tried that

Hi @Teresa+SB 

Have you tried refreshing the Apps in the Hidden menu.
To enter hidden menu press Home and navigate down to Settings but do not select Settings.
With Settings highlighted press 0 0 1 Select.
Select Apps 
then highlight Refresh all Apps on this box.
You'll see a message that says, 'Your apps are being refreshed'. This will stay on screen until you press Dismiss to return to normal viewing
It’s recommended waiting at least 5 minutes before doing so.

Refresh Apps can take up to 24 hrs to complete .

This message was authored by Dicks+taxi This message was authored by: Dicks+taxi

We had sky fibre fitted on Monday we cannot connect to apps on tv or the hive and Alexa

We had sky fibre fitted on Monday we cannot connect to apps on tv or the hive and Alexa

This message was authored by Robin34 This message was authored by: Robin34

Netflix sporadically not loading

Netflix app not working on Sky Q box. One day it loads, the next day it doesn't. Now it seems to be completely defunct. I've tried Sky box on/off, updating Sky box, 0,0,1 on settings and apps refresh, everything that has been prescribed as a fix. Now assuming that there is either an inherent issue with Netflix app on Sky Q experienced by many, or my Sky Q box is malfunctioning. Has anyone else managed a permanent fix? If I paid for Netflix subscription through Sky would this magically fix the issue? Just being sceptical 😛 thanks in advance.

This message was authored by Quoman7 This message was authored by: Quoman7

Re: Netflix sporadically not loading

@Robin34 wrote:

Netflix app not working on Sky Q box. One day it loads, the next day it doesn't. Now it seems to be completely defunct. I've tried Sky box on/off, updating Sky box, 0,0,1 on settings and apps refresh, everything that has been prescribed as a fix. Now assuming that there is either an inherent issue with Netflix app on Sky Q experienced by many, or my Sky Q box is malfunctioning. Has anyone else managed a permanent fix? If I paid for Netflix subscription through Sky would this magically fix the issue? Just being sceptical 😛 thanks in advance.

Hi @Robin34 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to have superpowers… But a therapist took them away.
This message was authored by Vimes123 This message was authored by: Vimes123

Netflix has not been loading properly for several months

Why, despite frequently resetting my sky box and updating my apps am I unable to access Netflix consistently through the sky box?

I have no problem accessing it on any other machine, but for well over six months now it is a lottery whether the Netflix app will load at all via the sky box. It just buffers endlessly and never loads, or sometimes it will take ten + minutes to load. Oftentimes we just give up. 

This is not an issue with the internet. It is not an issue with Netflix. It is an issue solely happening through the sky box and never resolves when taking any of the advice this forum suggests.

sort it out sky this is ridiculous!

Re: Netflix has not been loading properly for several months

@Vimes123 wrote:

Why, despite frequently resetting my sky box and updating my apps am I unable to access Netflix consistently through the sky box?

I have no problem accessing it on any other machine, but for well over six months now it is a lottery whether the Netflix app will load at all via the sky box. It just buffers endlessly and never loads, or sometimes it will take ten + minutes to load. Oftentimes we just give up. 

This is not an issue with the internet. It is not an issue with Netflix. It is an issue solely happening through the sky box and never resolves when taking any of the advice this forum suggests.

sort it out sky this is ridiculous!

Hi @Vimes123 Try rebooting your router by removing the power cable for 30 sec then reconnect to reboot, then reboot your main SKYQ box by turning the power off at the socket for 30 sec then turn back on to reboot?

This message was authored by Vimes123 This message was authored by: Vimes123

Hi, yes I've already tried that several times. It doesn't make any difference.

@Vimes123 wrote:

Hi, yes I've already tried that several times. It doesn't make any difference.

@Vimes123 Try:-

Refresh Apps:

1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then highlight Settings.
  2. Press 0,0,1 and Select to access the Installer menu.
  3. Select Apps then highlight Refresh all Apps on this box. You'll see a message that says, 'Your apps are being refreshed'. This will stay on screen until you press Dismiss to return to normal viewing - we recommend waiting at least 5 minutes before doing so.

And if any of the steps don't help you can also Reset Settings:

1. Press Home on your Sky Q remote, then highlight Settings.
  2. Press 0,0,1 and Select to access the Installer menu.
  3. Select Reset then highlight Reset Settings. You may need to re-pair your Sky remote and sign in to all your 3rd Party Apps.

This message was authored by Robin34 This message was authored by: Robin34

Re: Netflix sporadically not loading

Thanks @Quoman7. The Netflix app has been working on SkyQ the past few weeks, but again decided to stop loading yesterday and today. So I took your advice and turned off router and sky box and reloaded it all. Worked a treat! If it requires this level of rebooting every couple of weeks I can live with it. But if it starts playing up frequently like it did before, sad times. For now, your advice has worked so thank you. Kind regards. 

This message was authored by Lexi+Neave This message was authored by: Lexi+Neave

I've tried this and Netflix still won't load. I've turned everything off and unplugged to but nothing helps

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion