Discussion topic: Netflix has encountered an error. Code: tvq-st-102

This message was authored by YvonneBrookes This message was authored by: YvonneBrookes

Unable to see netflix on the tv, not downloading

I've tried numerous times to update on the system info  and switching the tv and sky q box off and restarting. Nothing works I just get a red circle going round  when I go on to netflix all other apps working on the tv.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Unable to see netflix on the tv, not downloading

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@YvonneBrookes 

I've moved your post into a large thread discussing this very issue. Please see the post (number 2) currently showing as the answer. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Duckbay15 This message was authored by: Duckbay15

Re: Netflix: Red Spinning Circle on Launch

Red circle spinning is back. tried the steps recommended - signing out, refreshing apps.  Nothing works.  Couldn't watch a boxset last night, tried this afternoon and it worked fine, tried again tonight not working again.  Is it busy at nights is that why its not working?  They fix the pixelating issue and now create another issue.  Sick of sky to be honest paying all this money and nothing works properly 

This message was authored by patricia1961 This message was authored by: patricia1961

2nd Q box issue

Still no Netflix on my 2nd Q box. Can anyone advise,  please?

Patricia1961

This message was authored by Annie+UK This message was authored by: Annie+UK

Re: 2nd Q box issue

I have moved your thread to a more appropriate forum
Annie  ( Please Note: I am Neurodivergent - ASD )
This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

@patricia1961 

Are you seeing a red spinning circle? 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by patricia1961 This message was authored by: patricia1961

@Daniel0210 yes-am seeing the "circle of doom"!

@patricia1961 

I've moved your posts into the main thread discussing this. See post 2 which is currently showing as an answer. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Chodley This message was authored by: Chodley

@Duckbay15 wrote:

Red circle spinning is back. tried the steps recommended - signing out, refreshing apps.  Nothing works.  Couldn't watch a boxset last night, tried this afternoon and it worked fine, tried again tonight not working again.  Is it busy at nights is that why its not working?  They fix the pixelating issue and now create another issue.  Sick of sky to be honest paying all this money and nothing works properly 

Signing out using the mamage devices menu on another device?

This message was authored by piepowder This message was authored by: piepowder

gets Yahoo news with SKY email - there was an article stating that SKY are aware officially of the netflix bug. I can't link to the article as it is a paywall (Mirrot & Irish Sun).

So Olympus is aware.

At this end mini box works but better if access Netflix via catch up tab rather than apps tab. Can work with apps tab as I said before (page 146) by going dead slow through the apps and pausing. Hence it seems to me to be a bloated platform. If you try to upload another app e.g. ITV X - it also takes time - about 10 seconds to open. Hence I think and I may be wrong the apps tab platforms are bloated and hence slow. I find the using mini box first then main works - but it doesn't stay stable - thats the issue I think - slippery platform from bloat

who knows?

This message was authored by Kevin_1990 This message was authored by: Kevin_1990

This bugs a pain in the **bleep** typical mind decide to play up on a Saturday night it will be working fine on Monday I bet.

This message was authored by Duckbay15 This message was authored by: Duckbay15

Yes signed out sky q box on my phone 

This message was authored by Andrea62 This message was authored by: Andrea62

Netflix been showing red circle of doom for over a week. Have updated software, still nothing

Netflix showing the spinning wheel of doom for over a week. Have updated the software, followed advice from Sky on line and updated through app on phone. Still nothing. Any advice?

Re: Netflix been showing red circle of doom for over a week. Have updated software, still nothing

@Andrea62 

I've moved your post into a large thread discussing this. See post 2 which is currently showing as an answer. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by G-Man99 This message was authored by: G-Man99

Ok tried exiting Netflix app from the menu in sky app. Also exiting prime via the back button  ( rather than just hitting the home button) and it now seems to be working but not sure if that helped or if something else has changed 

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion