Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Trickie72 This message was authored by: Trickie72

Re: Not receiving OTP

TIDE Bank and Sky

This message was authored by srivrajesh This message was authored by: srivrajesh

Would have been nice if it was done earlier or was informed that this is in going to happen so I would not have to switch from SKY mobile. Now I am with Lebara and it is working fine.

This message was authored by nonamexyz This message was authored by: nonamexyz

@Clareridds 

I am still not getting OTP messages from banking apps, like Aqua, Starling, Paypal

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @nonamexyz

These have been raised with the mobile team already. 

Thanks

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

I was told the same last night. Sky advisor tried to convince me all is working fine on their end, they've never heard of any issues whatsoever and ordered me to talk to the businesses I am expecting texts from. I offered to quote Sky employee post from this thread and she said there's no need cause she will send escalation to the technical team. So I'm waiting for the return call now. Still no OTP messages. Until I ported my number from Virgin mobile last week there were no issues. Since then I haven't received single one from banking apps, nectar card etc. Luckily PayPal allows you to verify by call, so at least one off the list. I honestly regret moving to Sky, if I only knew about the issue earlier, this is ridiculous it's taking so much time to fix it and the helpline people try to convince you all is ok

I feel your pain - agreed with Cancellations team today that I would be moving my connections back to O2 direct.

The problem is with Sky's Network, period......that has been confirmed in several calls.  The fact they cannot fix it is the hardest to understand - moved to Sky 2 months ago, had issues with OTP from the first time I needed to see one.  6 weeks since first reported, two complaints (neither acknowledged or responded too other than the automatic message telling me I'll get a personal response within 24hrs).

Previous TV customer experience always been great, shame this episode has significantly eroded that positivity !

This message was authored by protoze This message was authored by: protoze

Thank god i found this thread i thought i was going insane! 

not a heavy text user and all was working fine until Thursday then on Thursday night. nothing 

now i can send texts just fine but cannot recieve at all from anyone apart from sky voicemail funnily enough. 

i have tried all the ususal reset network settings etc but nothing. There has to be something going on sky's network. and it would be nice if they at least aknowledged there is any issue. 

Tried calling sky support but they are useless as a chocolate teapot. not sure where to go next.  Does anyone have a number to escalate issues? 

thanks 

James.

Escalation 😂😂

There is a team called Mobile OPS team, but you are not allowed to communicate with them - phone, text or email.

My issue has been with them for over 5 weeks - good luck !!! 

Thanks. @Trickie72  This does not fill me with confidence. 😂

sounds like i am going to be wasting hours of my life on the phone!!! 

I was at over 12hrs accumalitively and threw the towel in.  No real apology, just the concession they wouldn't charge me Early Termination Fees (ETC) for moving away.  I did point out that I was moving because the service didn't work fully and had caused me significant inconvenience 🤦🏼‍♂️

Just literally had two SMS messages telling me they are still looking at my issue.  It's the 15th and I was promised this update 13th, which was 5 days after last update.....so there goes another week....

Good luck

Hi @Clareridds,

Thanks for the confirmation. When can I expect it to be fixed, then? I'd also add nectar card to the list. Return call from escalation team is already past the deadline given. 

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

@nonamexyz - I'm afraid I don't know when it'll be fixed, but it is being worked on as a priority. I sit in the Community team at Sky, so I can't comment on when you're due a call back from the escalation team. 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

Another day and a new sim card later.. 

Still the same issue. its just so Random My ring otp message appeared.  but still no texts from my work phone to this one or any others &  best (worst) of all. 

in the process of 'diagnosing' the problem yesterday Sky support had me turn of iMessage and now i cannot activate it 😂😂 

at this point i think i would be best with a couple of carrier pigeons

This message was authored by Jerri1240 This message was authored by: Jerri1240

I gave up and voted with my feet. Switched to smarty. Thankfully all my banking apps are now sorted. No issues with OTP's at all. 

Oh the new SIM card stalling tactic.....not the most environmental of choices 🤦🏼‍♂️

I also had a new SIM turn up today, from O2 and like magic OTP's work........

best of luck again

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion