Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This message was authored by Sidtoto This message was authored by: Sidtoto

Not receiving OTP

Just moved to sky mobile from Tesco and have brought my number over. I can't receive a OTP from Santander but I'm receiving other texts from other apps/accounts. I've tried several things and still no luck. 
Any advice?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds Answer

Re: Not receiving OTP

Posted by a Sky employee

Hello all, 

This issue should now be fixed. Our teams worked hard ro resolve the block with O2 and at 1pm we were told it's been corrected.

Thank you to everyone for being patient and we are sorry it took a while to get this sorted.

If you are still experiencing issues, please continue to share via Community as there may be another solution not related to this. 

Thanks 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Sidtoto 

Sky don't support all short codes. We've seen a few reports of this issue in the last week but it appears mainly to be customers moving over from O2. Give Sky a call (dial 150 free) and report it. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Sidtoto 

One possible thing to try which another member posted today saying it fixed it for them is to reset your network settings,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Sidtoto
Topic Author

Thanks for the replies. I called sky and they said they have changed something on their end. Advised me to remove my sim and restart my phone after 5pm. Not quite sure I believe this but I'll try. 

Let us know how you get on @Sidtoto !

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Sidtoto
Topic Author

Just tried everything Sky told me and still no luck. Have contacted Santander and they're saying it's not on their side. Starting to regret my move to Sky Mobile, customer service said this will 100% fix my issue, clearly he didn't care or have any idea how to actually fix my issue. 

Did you try resetting your network settings ?

Sidtoto
Topic Author

@caesarome yes tried resetting my network details. 

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

Can not receive verification SMS after porting from Tesco Mobile

I have ported over my phone number from Tesco Mobile to Sky and now i can not recieve verification SMS for my bank, whats app, gov website.

Can anyone advise.  I have copleted all trouble shutting by Sky and my own.  If it is not resolved by the end of the day then i am switching back to where i was before. 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Can not receive verification SMS after porting from Tesco Mobile

@Fayelouise2016 
This is primarily a customer helps customer forum. You aren’t addressing Sky Customer Services here.

We have seen a few reports of this nature in the last week or so. Sky don't support all short codes so if it continues you may need to call Sky, but one thing to try which another customer stated worked is to reset your network settings. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

I have tried this and it still does not work, are you saying sky can not resolve this as my son is on Sky Mobile and does not have the same issue as myself.

@Fayelouise2016 wrote:

are you saying sky can not resolve this 

@Fayelouise2016 

I haven't said that at all. Sky don't support all short codes. I'm not aware of any list that states which are or aren't supported so give Sky a call and report it. Just dial 150 free from your Sky mobile. 

Sky customer since 2001

I have been in contact with sky for two days and still no further forward. 

@Fayelouise2016 

You didn't tell us that. So what have Sky said? 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by MA2001 This message was authored by: MA2001

Not receiving OTP and verification codes

I recently transferred from Tesco mobile to sky mobile, transferring my old number to my new SIM card with sky mobile. I am able to receive texts from family and friends, but I cannot receive one time use password texts and verification codes from organisations such as Barclays Bank, Monzo, Snapchat, university organisations etc. reached out to sky and they have sent a new sim but I don't think this will fix the issue as it seems to be related to the carrier in general

any suggestions if the new sim doesn't work? 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion