Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by RoseBeetroot This message was authored by: RoseBeetroot

Re: Not receiving OTP

Both my son and I now have this issue [started circa 13/03/23].  This is ridiculous, can't get into bank accounts, work email etc. Please fix it!!!!!  Quickly!!!

This message was authored by nonamexyz This message was authored by: nonamexyz

Started getting messages from Starling and nectar, but unfortunately I have more to add to the list, Boots and Child maintenance service are the latest that I have discovered. 

This message was authored by Trickie72 This message was authored by: Trickie72

Just to add from my experience - I had some OTP work, then stop, no rhyme or reason.....don't depend Ona fix working consistently......sorry

This message was authored by Nismo1234 This message was authored by: Nismo1234

Have not been able to receive verification codes for a week now. Can't login to various accounts including my childcare account. This is rediculous and needs sorting asap. If this is sorted soon I'll have no choice but to leave sky

This message was authored by Lubin+W This message was authored by: Lubin+W

Mobile not getting text confirmation

I have a new moible account and am noe receiving text conformations to get into accounts such as PayPal or my Bank - very important! 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Mobile not getting text confirmation

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You will need to report this to Sky on the free 150 number so you can let them know what ones are not coming through to you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give an update to all of those that are experiencing issues receiving OTPs lately and I completely understand how frustrating this can be. (I'm a Sky Mobile customer as well and having the same issues, so you're not alone). 

Thank you to all of you who have messaged in giving examples of the issue, and all of the pre-mentioned businesses where you're struggling to receive OTP's have been passed on to our senior management team and the Mobile product owners. They are working hard to get these business 'port-in' numbers unblocked asap. 

Please do keep sending me examples of new businesses you're having issues with and I can make sure these are added to the below list. 

You don't need to call Sky to report this problem as I'll be the point of contact to get these sent to the correct team. 

• Amazon
  • BadgerNotes- healthcare records
  • Barclays
  • Boots
  • Facebook
  • Gov.com
  • HSBC UK
  • Microsoft verification Authenticator App
  • NHS website
  • Santander
  • Snapchat
  • Tesco
  • Tesco bank
  • Tesco Mobile
  • The university of south wales
  • Tide bank
  • Universal credit
  • Whats app
  • Yodel

Thank you, 

Clare

Sky Community Team 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by RoseBeetroot This message was authored by: RoseBeetroot

Not receiving OTP from paypal and NHSMail. 

This message was authored by rob1408 This message was authored by: rob1408

I can add a couple to the list, Capital One and Getir.  Strange thing is they both worked fine up until three or four days ago.  I'm not a new Sky Mobile customer, it's been at least a few years so it's not down to a recent number port.

I've tried everything under the sun to fix it, everything mentioned in this thread, everything Sky have told me to try, including a new SIM. Nada.

Luckily both my banks are working (Lloyds and Co-Op) but I can't login to either credit cards without the OTP and it's extremely important that I do. I'm really going to have to consider leaving Sky as this just isn't good enough.

This message was authored by adeb79 This message was authored by: adeb79

@ClareriddsMant thanks for the ipdate

on top of the ones you have mentioned I am also unable to get OTP for the following the local council.

I am also expecting other sites, which I need to access for work for water, rates and utilities.

I am unable to do my job properly since I have moved over:

what I don't understand is my wife moved over at the same time. Both ported number and hers works fine 🤷‍♂️

This message was authored by Brimo23 This message was authored by: Brimo23

Text messages not working

I am unable to receive any text messages, have been through online chat and tried all those fixes and nothing is working, have asked to speak with an agent loads of time but doesn't seem to work.  I can get i messages but any other nessages are not coming through and I cant get any OTP codes.  this has been going on for over a week now - anyone help please? Thanks

This message was authored by TheTylers This message was authored by: TheTylers

No calls or texts

Hi there,

my husband has joined my account. He purchased an iPhone 14. He changed to sky from another provider. He kept his number. Since the sim has been active he can only receive calls and texts from other Sky customers, but not from anyone else. We have phoned Sky customer services on numerous occasions. They just say leave it 2 days. It's been 3 weeks now. We have even put in a new SIM card and then was told, leave it 2 days again. It's still not working. 
It says 'this person is not available right now' when you ring it. Apple cannot text a verification code to set up the phone number either.

what else can we do?

thank you x

This message was authored by erinmbr This message was authored by: erinmbr

Klarna is not working either - this is particularly serious as I have payments needing to be made within the next few days. If this does not start to work, this may conclude in a late payment negativley affecting me credit wise. Does anyone know if there is a time frame which is expected for this to be fixed?

This message was authored by Nismo1234 This message was authored by: Nismo1234

I can't receive texts from 

Paypal 

gov.uk

amazon shipping

barclays

battle.net

klarna

just eat

hotmail

it's literally any form or verification I use or anything that uses a 5 digit number 

This message was authored by DanMB This message was authored by: DanMB

I'm having the same issue with the O2 Wi-Fi hotspot at work.

it worked previously- I just upgraded phone so assumed that was the issue until finding this discussion.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion