Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Ben+j+ammin This message was authored by: Ben+j+ammin

Re: Not receiving OTP

Aaaaaand now it's not working again! 😆🙄

This message was authored by Jerri1240 This message was authored by: Jerri1240

Still not working. 

Not really much I can do at this point but switch to a different provider. 

Shame as I have a really good deal with Sky but it's pointless having a cheap deal for a service that doesn't work properly. 

This message was authored by Magpie2128 This message was authored by: Magpie2128

I had the same issue but after I driven to sky mobile they told me a lot of dky customers are effected. A ticket was raised and this was to be resolved in 8 days. I can now receive one time verification codes. Have you tried to reset your network un settings? Turn phone on and off? Take SIM out put back in? Ring Sky again? Be aderment you need it fixing. 

This message was authored by Ben+j+ammin This message was authored by: Ben+j+ammin

There is alwats the leverage with sky to ask for some discount / money back - we pay for unlimited texts, so should get that. 

I've reset network settings. I've had the settings resent. I've restarted my phone. Done a hard reset. Tried the sim in a different phone.

I've spoken to 4 different reps at sky. Each time

I've been adamant I need This fixed.  

Besides wait an undisclosed amount of time or change network I'm not sure what more I can do. 

This message was authored by Samc000001 This message was authored by: Samc000001

So after a week of not working, we replaced the SIM's today and actived them and now all OTP's are working on one phone... the other one isnt working still though!

This message was authored by Trickie72 This message was authored by: Trickie72

Same problem here - have tried numberous times to contact Sky Mobile Technical Team to find a resolution, over 9 hours spent on the phone to them in total (and counting).  Migrated my number earlier this month from another O2 reseller and am having issues with OTP from my bank.  My case has been escalated for the second time, having been told that it is a known issue and that they had fixed it last week.  Been on the phone for nearly three hours (across 4 phone calls) this morning.

Have reset everything, multiple times, been sent a new SIM, updated iPhone software and even danced in circles balancing a broom on my nose........none of it has worked.

Really poor from Sky and incredibly disappointed in either being misled or fobbed off.....

If you are reading this as you too are having issues, the ONLY wasy you appear to make any progress is talking to the Mobile Technical Team, but my gosh is the progress slow.  Now told I should wait for a call back from the escalations team, again.....up to 72 hours (been on hold whilst writing this)

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Trickie72 ,

The tech team unblocked a lot of banking OTP, retail, NHS and other key message senders on Tuesday 21st Feb, however we are aware there are some issues still and the team are working on it. 

Can I ask what companies you're not receiving OTP's from?

Thanks,

Clare 

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

I've given up. 

I have zero faith in skys problem solving. I've been unable to access VIP for about two years. It's been escalated more times than I can count and in the end I said to them to just give up because I no longer cared. 

Instead of getting myself in another situation where sky repeatedly tell me they're working on an issue but never actually solve it, I've voted with my feet and will port my number out as soon as my new sim arrives. 

Pointless having a great deal if the service isn't working properly. 

This message was authored by Mrskirk This message was authored by: Mrskirk

Tesco bank for me! Called both companies so many times and nothing been solved came from o2

This message was authored by Bradley+M This message was authored by: Bradley+M

Im still having issues and now with Gov.uk. 

and still waiting for a call back from last Monday! 

This message was authored by Annieliz This message was authored by: Annieliz

My case has now been resolved, fully functioning network so I think it's a case of being patient and your case will be resolved also.  However, I appreciate the frustration others users are having with this issue.  I feel that had the call centre acknowledged there was a known problem from first contact, my concern would have been addressed far more quickly than it was and I do feel that had I not said I was going to cancel my contract, I might have been waiting longer.  I also appreciate from reading other replies, that this issue doesn't affect every user who has ported their number so it could be that until the support centre are notified of this issue, they don't know who it has affected.  Hopefully a fix has been found so that it won't affect other new customers.  

This message was authored by Bradley+M This message was authored by: Bradley+M

Told the number that it's being sent from is 60551

I haven't just ported my number. I've been with sky mobile around 4 years. So this isn't just an issue with numbers just ported in. 

This message was authored by Mrskirk This message was authored by: Mrskirk

So its just started working woo hoo!!! I didnt raise a ticket or anything just tried on the off chance! 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion