Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by PandJ2020 This message was authored by: PandJ2020

Re: Not receiving OTP

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fayelouise2016 wrote:

Just ported to 02 and received my OTP straight away, clearly a sky issue.

Sky is a MVNO on the O2 network.  It appears to be some routing issue from O2 to Sky...

I am just another Sky customer and my views are my own
This message was authored by FV1959 This message was authored by: FV1959

@AliMidlands Sods Law now that I have changed to Tesco mobile, still, they've had nearly two weeks since I first reported this problem and it should never have taken them that long, I can't imagine how many new mobile customers they have lost in this last two weeks, serve them right.

This message was authored by Jerri1240 This message was authored by: Jerri1240

Still not able to receive OTP. Have been trying to register with HSBC for a week. 

Don't really see any other option but to leave sky as I need to be able to access online banking. 

On the phone to sky as I type. Have been told its absolutely not a known issue, wants to send me a new sim, which we know won't work.

I directed him to this thread, he still denied it was a known issue! Or an issue at all.

This message was authored by Annieliz This message was authored by: Annieliz

@Jerri1240 @It is definitely a known issue! Thankfully mine is now resolved but took two weeks and registering a complaint about not receiving OTP.  I gave Sky until Monday to resolve it or I would cancel my contract.  It was resolved on Monday.  Hopefully yours will be sorted soon

The rep did try to say it was only an issue for people porting their number.  It I've been with sky for years. 

I just need to register for HSBC and I'd be happy. I'm disabled. I can't physically get to a bank or post office right now. 

if it isn't resolved in the next few days I won't really have any option but to change to a different network. 

This message was authored by KirstyPowis This message was authored by: KirstyPowis

Hi All!  

My NHS OTP previous attempts all came through about an hour ago.   Also received a text from Sky saying the OTP problem is reported should now br fixed.  

I did run my battery down totally and when it started to charge back up texts came through but that could be a coincidence.   

Fingers crossed i won't have any other issues.  Hope everyone gets yours fixed too 

thanks everyone for the advice and help

This message was authored by srivrajesh This message was authored by: srivrajesh

I recently ported my number from Lycamobile to Sky and I am having issues receiving OTP from banks.

This message was authored by Mrskirk This message was authored by: Mrskirk

Hey peeps! 

Ive just moved from o2 and trying to register a new credit catd. Spoke to Sky 150 sent me some settings still not working! Not sure what to do now....

This message was authored by Bradley+M This message was authored by: Bradley+M

I am having exactly the same issue, I wish I had never left O2.

I called and spoke to someone who said it's a know fault and the tech team are working on it and someone will call me in a week!! 

I did all the resets, removed my sim and wiped and reinstalled. 

I did manage to get OTP from Santander but not getting from some other banks, just tried Gov website and the same .

I also had issues loading cards into Apple Pay. 

this is so frustrating as you can't call each time you need a code 

This message was authored by nic-bob This message was authored by: nic-bob

Re: Can not receive verification SMS after porting from Tesco Mobile

Hi, I'm also having this trouble. I swapped over 1-2 weeks ago from o2. And I am receiving 50% of text passcodes. 

Current one tonight is Virgin Media. I've requested it about 15 times and nothing comes through. 

I've tried every troubleshoot method. 

Had a call back from the rep I spoke to at sky. He said he was going to escalate to the tech team experts (he was in the tech team apparently, but not tech enough). But needed some details. 

He wanted to know the exact date and time I tried to receive an OTP. I told him I didn't make a note of the times as I didn't know I'd be asked them but the dates were pretty much every day the past two weeks. 

He said the times would be in my sent items. Which told me he didn't grasp the issue or even what an OTP was. 

He also tried to get me to reset network settings whilst I was on the phone. Which would have rebooted the phone and obviously cut the call.  I don't expect general CS to have any technical knowledge. But if I've been put through to the technical team then I do expect them to have at least basic knowledge of the tech they're supposedly advising people on. 

I'll give it a few more days but looks like I'll have no option but to leave. Being disabled I can't physically get to a bank or post office. I need access to online banking. 

This message was authored by srivrajesh This message was authored by: srivrajesh

I called sky customer care and told that I want to cancel the service because of OTP issue unless there is an ETA for this fix and the guy said I understand, this is an ongoing issue, others have also reported it and I don't have an ETA and it would be a lie if he say otherwise and he went ahead and cancelled it.

This message was authored by Bradley+M This message was authored by: Bradley+M

I'm close to doing this and then trying to port back to O2 

This message was authored by Ben+j+ammin This message was authored by: Ben+j+ammin

I ported across from Vodafone 3 weeks ago and have been having issues with receiving texts from certain networks (Sky & Vodafone), but not tried others. I kept my old phone so haven't had any of the OTP issues from new app installs.

I mnaged to solve this by logging into MySky  /  (Your mobile number account) /  Manage SIM, then scroll down to Resend Network Settings. It resends the SMS, MMS and Internet settings for you to re-install. I didn't need to restart my phone after this, but that would have been my next option if not.

Sky say to wait 3 weeks after porting your number across before taking the matter further - a bit of an ask if you can't use banking apps etc etc for almost the first month of your contract! ...and also out of the 14 day cooling off period.  Hmm - that needs addressing Sky if you're listening...

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion