Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by darrenlit This message was authored by: darrenlit

Re: Not receiving OTP

Are Sky acknowledging there is a problem on the phone when you speak to them? Or are they saying the usual nonsense of turning your phone off and taking the SIM card out. 

Sidtoto
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sidtoto This message was authored by: Sidtoto

So far I've called 4 times. Each time I get told to try this or that and it'll be resolved. The last call I was told it's been escalated and I should receive a call back within 48hrs. So far no call back. 

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

I am expecting a call back today if I do not receive then I will be going back to Tesco. Other companies have had the same issue so it can not be unknown.

This message was authored by KirstyPowis This message was authored by: KirstyPowis

Hi Everyone,

I've just ported over from O2 this week and have the exact same problem with the one time passwords texts not being received.    I've tried various you tube videos and sky mobile chat but no luck at all.

Any help would be really appreciated...

Thanks in advance

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

I spoke to retentions and apparently a case has been raised to resolve this but I fear it will not be resolved. 

This message was authored by FV1959 This message was authored by: FV1959

Hi Kirsty.

They are very aware of this problem, several of us are waiting for call backs so my suggestion to you would be to phone them too and get your case logged, the more of us that log this problem with them the better,  I was on the phone with them for ages last week, I was phoning on a different phone so that they could tell me to try various things but nothing worked.  I was told that my problem had been escalated yesterday when I called and I will get a call back by Monday 20th.  IF I don't get a call back or the problem is not sorted I will call them out on Twitter and tell everyone NOT to change to SKY mobile because of this problem.  There must be thousands of us who have this problem and I don't know why they have not thrown everything they have at sorting it out.  If I do not get a satisfactory end to this on Monday I will be going either back to O2 or over to Tesco mobile without hesitation on Tuesday.

I was not told specifically that there was a problem but when I first spoke to the advisor last week she told me that the previous caller to me and the one before that also were calling about the same problem so they must acknowledge that there is a problem but I suspect they have been told to go through all the crap with every new caller and get them to turn phone on and off etc.  I was sent out TWO new sim cards and neither of them worked either!

Let us know if you do get any resolution

i have also been charged first month's payment, they took that as soon as I ported over my number, (removed)

Moderator comments: removed inappropriate language 

This message was authored by JemP23 This message was authored by: JemP23

Not receiving SMS text messages

Since moving to Sky Mobile, I have been unable to receive SMS messages. I transferred my mobile number hoping this would ease the transfer but nope! 
I have checked settings on my phone but cannot see anything incorrect. Can anyone help or suggest anything else I can do? 

This message was authored by 63johnw This message was authored by: 63johnw

Re: Not receiving SMS text messages

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Hi @JemP23  is it all text messages or OTP from banks etc ? As there is an ongoing issue with OTP that sky are aware of and working on. Call them on 150 to report you are having issues too. 

If someone has helped give them a thumbs up.

If their answer solved your issue mark it as the correct answer.

I won’t respond to direct messages so please post any problems on the forum.
This message was authored by JemP23 This message was authored by: JemP23

Hey. It's messages from banks and PayPal etc I think. I will call 150. Thank you. 

Post no longer relevant. 

Hi @JemP23  another customer has reported that removing their spend cap allowed them to receive codes ?

This message was authored by darrenlit This message was authored by: darrenlit

I wasn't getting any OTP's now PayPal has started coming through. I wonder if they are starting to fix this

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion