Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Re: Not receiving OTP

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Sidtoto , @FV1959 ,

I'll look to get some more information for you regarding the issues you're facing. I need a few more details from you please to get this started. 

Can you list all banks, websites, organisations etc that you are trying to access where a passcode is needed and I can pass these onto a techincal team to look into? Any information you can supply would be great. 

Thank you,

Clare

Community Manager

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by FV1959 This message was authored by: FV1959

Me neither Faye.  I am fed up with being fed nonsense.  I have just been told that my case has now been escalated and I will get a call but it might not be until Monday.  On one of my phone calls the woman actually said to me that her previous call to mine AND the one previous to that had both been about this problem so why are they not on it as it seems that it is a huge problem.  I wish I had never changed my mobile to SKY and if this problem is not sorted out by Monday I WILL be going back to O2

This message was authored by FV1959 This message was authored by: FV1959

So far it has been Santander and Tesco

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

Santander

HSBC

Gov.com

Whats app

Amazon

NHS

Tesco Mobile

Sidtoto
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sidtoto This message was authored by: Sidtoto

@Clareridds 

So far I've only had the issue with Santander. I've literally joined Sky mobile a few days now and must say I'm very disappointed with the customer service. If this is not resolved quickly I too will be leaving. 

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

I have just spoken to them to obtain my PAC code and now i am being told that my number has been

partially ported and that there is an open esculation on my account with an update due at the end of the day and i can not have a PAC code, the only thing i can do is cancel the contract and loose my number, seriously i wish i had never moved now!!

This message was authored by LorrieJ This message was authored by: LorrieJ

Hi, 

Over the last few days I've not been receiving verification/OTP text messages. The two services I can name are Outlook/Microsoft and University of Portsmouth. 
What is being done to resolve this issue as I'm sure I'm not the only person it is happening to? 

Thanks

Have you just ported over or have you been with sky a while? 

This message was authored by LorrieJ This message was authored by: LorrieJ

@Fayelouise2016 I've been with sky a while, nearly a year I think. 

This message was authored by darrenlit This message was authored by: darrenlit

My number has just transferred today and I'm having the same issue by not receiving verification codes. What can I do? 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

You can't do anything @darrenlit as this is something Sky need to do but you need to help them by answering the question asked by Sky in the post I linked to in your other thread.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by darrenlit This message was authored by: darrenlit

So far I can't received texts from:

Ebay

Amazon 

Bank Of Scotland 

First Direct

PayPal 

I do think listing these are pointless as there's clearly an issue receiving all these texts. 

@darrenlit I have called again this evening and not even Sky can send me texts, they r bouncing back, I have been told my number has not ported over correctly but then by another agent at sky I have been told it has and I can not get a pac code to go back to my old provider as I can not get texts.

It seems to be from businesses and I am concerned now that I am missing texts from my children's schools and god knows what else.

This message was authored by Annieliz This message was authored by: Annieliz

I have just moved to sky mobile from 02 and unable to receive OTP codes.  I have spent the last week trying to get this resolved with numerous hours spent on the phone.  My number was ported over from O2.  Trying to get the call handler each time to understand the problem has verged on the ridiculous.  Today I have been told this problem is being escalated and I should get a call tomorrow with a solution.  I will be cancelling my contract if this does not happen as it is in my right to do so within 14 days.  It seems that I am not the only customer with this problem so fail to see why customer services make it seem like you are the only one not able to receive OTP.  Very disappointed with the service I have received so far and I've already been charged my first month payment plan for a service I've been unable to use!

Sidtoto
Topic Author
This message was authored by Sidtoto This message was authored by: Sidtoto

@Clareriddshave you an update on this issue? What are Sky doing to resolve this?  I'm currently within my cooling off period and if this is not resolved by then I will be leaving 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion