Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

Re: Can not receive verification SMS after porting from Tesco Mobile

Sorry, maybe I was not clear, I said I had completed all trouble shooting by sky.

they have escalated the issue to another team, but from reading other comments on the community this seems to be a know issue and not just a new one.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Fayelouise2016 

The issue we've seen has mainly been customers moving over from O2. At least you know it's being investigated. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

Tesco Mobile uses 02 and this maybe the issue. I would have thought if this was a previous issue then a fix would be in place 

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Not receiving OTP and verification codes

@MA2001 

To save duplication I have merged your post into a thread already discussing this topic. 

Sky customer since 2001

Re: Not receiving OTP

Any update on this, I have the same issue

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @Fayelouise2016

I'll look to get some more information for you regarding this issue. I need a few more details from you please to get this started. 

Can you list all banks, websites, organisations and gov websites etc that you are trying to access where a passcode is needed and I can pass these onto a techincal team to look into? 

Thank you,

Clare

Community Manager

Clareridds

Community Manager

Have a story you want to share with us? Send your Thanks to Sky here

This message was authored by Clareridds This message was authored by: Clareridds

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @MA2001 

I'll look to get some more information for you regarding this issue. I need a few more details from you please to get this started. 

Can you list all banks, social media platforms and which university organisations etc that you are trying to access where a passcode is needed and I can pass these onto a techincal team to look into? 

Thank you,

Clare

Community Manager

Clareridds

Community Manager

@Clareridds 

Hi Clare, there's another thread ongoing concerning this issue

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Mobile/Not-receiving-OTP/td-p/4229611 

Sky customer since 2001

HSBC UK

Santander

Gov.com

Whats app

Amazon

Tesco Mobile.

NHS website

Microsoft verification

i can not set up any of my apps without this info.

Posted by a Sky employee

Thanks @Daniel0210 - will also share this information with our tech team 👍

Clareridds

Community Manager

This message was authored by MA2001 This message was authored by: MA2001

Hi,

it is Barclays and my university organisation (the university of south wales), also Snapchat, Facebook and I suspect many more that I haven't yet tried.

ideally I need this sorted out by Monday, because my cooling off period ends on Saturday next week and if this issue is not resolved I will unfortunately have to terminate the contract and go back to my old provider 

@Clareridds 

Thanks, I'll put a covering post in the other thread. 

Sky customer since 2001

The Community Management Team have been made aware of this issue, and another thread on the same problem, and it's being passed to a Technical Team. 

Sky customer since 2001
This message was authored by FV1959 This message was authored by: FV1959

I am having the same problem, I ported over from O2 and kept my number and am on the phone to Sky about it as I am writing this.  So far they have not been able to find the fault which I am not happy about.  I have phoned them three or four times before but they say they have escalated the problem up but when I phone back they tell me it's not been escalated.  If this is not resolved today I will go back to O2

Snap, i am giving them untill the end of the day or i am going back, i was told it was not esculated and then i was told it was. 

I am not filled with confidence i must say.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion