Discussion topic: Not receiving OTP

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by MA2001 This message was authored by: MA2001

Re: Not receiving OTP

I have received a new sim, the same problem is still happening. So will be calling later to cancel my contract, thankfully I'm still in the cooling off period. I would definitely not recommend sky mobile to anyone, they do not seem to be doing anything to fix the problem at all even though hundreds of people seem to have this issue. 

This message was authored by FV1959 This message was authored by: FV1959

Re: Not receiving SMS text messages

I didn't put a spend cap on when I took out my contract so it's not that that is stopping me getting OTP's.

This message was authored by Fayelouise2016 This message was authored by: Fayelouise2016

I have just cancelled mine and got my pac code 

This message was authored by FV1959 This message was authored by: FV1959

I wiill wait until Monday to give them the benefit of the doubt but if by end of play Monday they have not fixed it I will be calling to cancel mine too

This message was authored by darrenlit This message was authored by: darrenlit

Got new sim and the same was happening so phoned and cancelled the contract. 

This message was authored by pke003 This message was authored by: pke003

I have upped my spend cap and that didn't work. I have a changed sim and that didn't work. I have reset my network settings and that didn't work. Apparently my case has been escalated and I will receive a call back within 48 hours but I need to use the apps that require these OTPs before then. This is clearly a widespread issue that will force people to leave the sky network, as access to mobile banking apps and such are essential these days

This message was authored by Magpie2128 This message was authored by: Magpie2128

Verification text

Is anyone experiencing not receiving text verification codes ie from banks etc or Universal Credit? I have spoken to Sky Mobile and they said, its a bug in the system looking to fix it in the next 8 days or so. So frustrating.  

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: Verification text

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Magpie2128 

I've moved your post into a thread already discussing this. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM
This message was authored by MA2001 This message was authored by: MA2001

had this issue they couldn't fix it. From googling the problem with sky it seems to have been on ongoing issue for months and months so I don't have any hope in them fixing it anytime soon, I left my contract today 

This message was authored by Magpie2128 This message was authored by: Magpie2128

This is so frustrating and inconvenience caused.  I left Giffgaff on the basis of a good phone deal new phone SIM with Sky. Never had an issue with GiffGaff.  All the advertising they do, you expect no issues with a big company like Sky.

Re: Unable to receive OTP for online banking

I have the same issue after transferring my old number over and I have a new phone from Sky. Apparently,  after speaking with Sky today, it is a well known issue and there is a bug in the system. Been told, they are looking at fixing this issue within the next few days.

This message was authored by Samc000001 This message was authored by: Samc000001

My partner just swapped over from EE and OTP was working on my device for over a year, seems the bug is recent? Did they just say a few days or give any better idea? 

cheers 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky are said via other posts on here that they are investigating but there is no word on it being fixed yet or how long it will take.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by rbccsnr This message was authored by: rbccsnr

I'm having the same issue with nationwide verification coming through. 

Very annoying 

This message was authored by AliMidlands This message was authored by: AliMidlands

I moved from GifGaff to Sky 10 days and ported my number over. I've not been able to receive OTP from my bank either. I've been sent a replacement SIM and been told repeatedly by Customer Services that my case is being escalated and will be resolved in 48 hours but today its still not working. I honestly don't know what to do other than return the phone and cancel the contract. 

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 90 minutes

New Discussion