Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by jujuge This message was authored by: jujuge

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Have got VM 360 software so am fine now re the live sky tennis coverage, but as mentioned earlier on here am clinging to my Sky HD + box.

The reason for that is I can put an aerial coax wire from the sky box to an old crt telly in the kitchen and so mirror what is on the telly in the lounge!

Once the inevitable happens and I will have to upgrade the sky box, I will also have to buy a new telly to get a similar functionality.

To get to the point (finally): there is always a price to pay when technology moves on. Bah

(I hated the 360 VM software at first, btw, but am warming to it as can see how it is a better interface for interactive features and access to apps, compared with V6.)

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

Wow ! Currently we have match choise from 4 different tournaments; Doha, Rotterdam, Delray Beach & Buenos Aires - that's pretty impressive - just need to get the On Demand sorted now to get more and faster.

This message was authored by jo999 This message was authored by: jo999

@Timelord2018 wrote:

.  If you have two existing V6 boxes then they both retain their hard drives for recording purposes if you went ahead if with over-the-air software update although will lose existing recordings & series links obviously, they send out new TV 360 remotes.

V6 & V360 are basically the same box running different software 

Worth checking out the pros and cons before doing it.

That's precisely what I am trying to do, with no success with VM so called technicians.

As expected, I did not receive the promised call back - ah well - go for yet another compensation payment if I can be bothered.

I have resisted changing from V6 to 360 as the 2nd box is more or less a slave, with no functionality to record.

This message was authored by prb60 This message was authored by: prb60

Re: SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

I really want SKY to get it right as this is now, the only platform where I believe we can get the variety of tennis tournaments like it was in PRIME . BUT, it is nowhere near, including the lack of presenting and most important the choice of matches. Furthermore, we have lost the viewing flexibility of replay and rewind, going online, means all buttons function in the remote that give the flexibility, are gone! It is poor,. One more thing, the background music is the same over and over, quite annoying.
Overall, a disappointing experience ... considering, what we are paying for the additional service. 

Whoever in SKY had the idea that this approach of the one channel and on line  service would work, looks like was wrong. 
Poor poor experience.

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@tennisfan I'm watching on NOW app

At the moment the bonus streams are just for one court for each of the ATP tournaments is that all the choice we get? Also only two selected WTA matches "best of" on catch up?

Is this the same on Sky TV anyone? 

Hi @tennisfan 

That is all that is being played at this moment. Two matches now, one in Delray Beach, one in Buenos Aires.

This message was authored by Cam4 This message was authored by: Cam4

@PhilHampson-Sky wrote:

Wow ! Currently we have match choise from 4 different tournaments; Doha, Rotterdam, Delray Beach & Buenos Aires - that's pretty impressive - just need to get the On Demand sorted now to get more and faster.

+1 Get on demand sorted.

This message was authored by Super+Anthony This message was authored by: Super+Anthony

how do you see the on demand tennis @Cam4 

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@prb60 totally agree. I am using NOW as I don't have Sky ( I ditched it after the awful US Open coverage). I logged on last night to find for WTA Doha an Emma Raducanu match and two other "best of" day one matches. Who decides what matches are the best? Also day one was on Sunday so where were Monday's matches?

Not all of us can watch live, we rely on the on demand to follow our favourite players. This is so poor from Sky for a much more expensive service! 

@Super+Anthony wrote:

how do you see the on demand tennis @Cam4 

I don't have Sky so am using Now.

From opening the app, I select Sport along the top menu and then I select Tennis under Sports (about 4 rows down) and you can see the on demand labelled as "Tennis Catch Up"

@RichAA1 wrote:

@prb60 totally agree. I am using NOW as I don't have Sky ( I ditched it after the awful US Open coverage). I logged on last night to find for WTA Doha an Emma Raducanu match and two other "best of" day one matches. Who decides what matches are the best? Also day one was on Sunday so where were Monday's matches?

Not all of us can watch live, we rely on the on demand to follow our favourite players. This is so poor from Sky for a much more expensive service! 

The Dimitrov Versus Humbert finals for the Marseilles open which I really wanted to catchup on was played Sunday 14:00.  The on demand wasn't available until Monday evening. 

Raducanu played yesterday (Monday) about noon and her match was made available by the evening.

Go figure.

This message was authored by Deedeecoffdrops This message was authored by: Deedeecoffdrops

Am thinking of getting Now TV for the tennis, but being put off...

So, by your comment are you saying they are offering multiple viewing options to select which live match you want to watch?

@RichAA1  @prb60 

Totally agree.

Tennistv provides all needed. Sky could have gone in with them, added the WTA to it, and found some way to access it from older equipment.

They are trying to fit a round peg in a square hole at the moment.

@Deedeecoffdrops wrote:

Am thinking of getting Now TV for the tennis, but being put off...

So, by your comment are you saying they are offering multiple viewing options to select which live match you want to watch?

Not sure who you are asking but yes thats what Now TV offers.

Annoyingly they call it Bonus Streams - it's more like what we paid for so don't present it as something extra.

This message was authored by Deedeecoffdrops This message was authored by: Deedeecoffdrops

@Cam4

Yes, thanks Cam (new to this-came on to find out about live streams on Now TV).

OK, if that's the case, might bite the bullet. 

Can you confirm one more time that there are different live matches to stream from the Now TV app? It's like Prime?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion