Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This message was authored by Paul+Dray This message was authored by: Paul+Dray

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

@jujuge wrote:

Hello @VickyM1 and other Sky Sports on VM users.

Discovered completely by accident this morning:

On Sky Tennis channel: Following pressing the red button, one sees a list of content for different sports down the right hand side. If you highlight the tennis one then press right on the remote you can step through the current Sky content (which includes upcoming), and select the court you want to watch.

I assume it works for other sports too.

Yeah that's pretty much how it was for the US Open last year

————————
Pioneer Kuro PDP-LX5090 50in Plasma TV | Yamaha DSP-AX863 SE AV Amp
Sky Stream Puck; Build: QS025.011.00P | Sky Broadband Ultrafast
————————
This message was authored by VickyM1 This message was authored by: VickyM1

Please can someone tell me if the red button on Virgin for the  the new tennis channel is working or not. I have spoken with someone at Virgin today who didnt understand what I was trying to tell them and they then put the phone down on me.  They kept telling me it was a fault with my TV or remote but I am thinking its a problem between Virgin and the new tennis channel.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@VickyM1  If you are watching the channel via VMTV it might be worth while posting the same question on virgin's own community website if you haven't already done so 

technical issues like this are the responsibility of your isp/tv provider not the channel owner 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by MoToye This message was authored by: MoToye

@VickyM1  I'm with Virgin 360 (with the new remote) and if I go to the New SKY tennis channel 520 and hit the red button, I get match options on a pop-up screen on the right.

Does your box automatically make software updates? If so you could try this in your Virgin box settings. Have you used the red button before on other channels? I knew someone who was pressing the red 'record' button instead of the red coloured button beside the other coloured ones. I apologize if that's an insult to your intelligence, I'm just trying to think what it could possibly be.

This message was authored by james1867 This message was authored by: james1867

Hello

I  think you may have the same problem as me.

I have a VM V6 box and unfortunately the red button will not work for Sky Sports Tennis.

It will only work on the VM 360 box.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

@james1867 wrote:

Hello

I  think you may have the same problem as me.

I have a VM V6 box and unfortunately the red button will not work for Sky Sports Tennis.

It will only work on the VM 360 box.

That's deliberate, only TV 360 & Stream , I assume its ip streams

V6 (which can be 'updated' to Horizon platform) & Tivo aren't getting new red button functionality anymore.

This message was authored by JohnWilliamson This message was authored by: JohnWilliamson

Hello, I’m watching via my Sky acc, logged in on a web browser, then using the Sky Sports app, on Virgin, I usually watch on an iMac & MacBook – I’m not getting the options of different games. Any suggestions or advice. 

@JohnWilliamson wrote:

Hello, I’m watching via my Sky acc, logged in on a web browser, then using the Sky Sports app, on Virgin, I usually watch on an iMac & MacBook – I’m not getting the options of different games. Any suggestions or advice. 

@JohnWilliamson it's only available on mobile devices using the app not web browsers 

Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

This message was authored by JohnWilliamson This message was authored by: JohnWilliamson

Thank you SKY1992bf for the reply. What are multi game / tournament options for people watching using computers & web browsers please? All my watching on #AmazonPrime and #DiscoveryPlus was done that way.

@JohnWilliamson wrote:

Thank you SKY1992bf for the reply. What are multi game / tournament options for people watching using computers & web browsers please? All my watching on #AmazonPrime and #DiscoveryPlus was done that way.

@JohnWilliamson  you would need to install and use the sky go app for multiple court choices for computers 

there are no options available for web browsers afaik 

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@SKY1992bf wrote:
@JohnWilliamson  you would need to install and use the sky go app for multiple court choices for computers 

I'm not sure this option is available on the PC version of Sky Go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by bertiethecat This message was authored by: bertiethecat

Watching previous day tennis

I have Sky sport and want to watch tennis. I know I can watch live matches or record a whole day of play to see matches from the main channel. Is it possible to watch whole matches from a previous day's play that that were only shown on the red button, that is impossible to record?

This was possible on Amazon Prime and Discovery+ when they showed Tennis, but try as I might, it does not seem possible on Sky!!! This appears to be a massive retrograde step for tennis fans.

This message was authored by jo999 This message was authored by: jo999

Re: Watching previous day tennis

@bertiethecat wrote:

I have Sky sport and want to watch tennis. I know I can watch live matches or record a whole day of play to see matches from the main channel. Is it possible to watch whole matches from a previous day's play that that were only shown on the red button, that is impossible to record?

This was possible on Amazon Prime and Discovery+ when they showed Tennis, but try as I might, it does not seem possible on Sky!!! This appears to be a massive retrograde step for tennis fans.

"This appears to be a massive retrograde step for tennis fans."

It is!!

However, nobody cares about the tennis fans - it's all about money as usual.

This message was authored by jo999 This message was authored by: jo999

@VickyM1 wrote:

Please can someone tell me if the red button on Virgin for the  the new tennis channel is working or not. I have spoken with someone at Virgin today who didnt understand what I was trying to tell them and they then put the phone down on me.  They kept telling me it was a fault with my TV or remote but I am thinking its a problem between Virgin and the new tennis channel.

I believe it will only work on the 360 box.  I have the V6 (not wishing to upgrade as I lose functionality in my 2nd box), and it won't work on V6.

Like you I finally managed to speak to a technician(questionable) after jumping through VMs frustrating loops.  After 30+ minutes I lost the will to live attempting to get him to understand the issue.  I am awaiting a further response within 3 hours, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just want to know if the issue is due to be fixed or I have to upgrade to watch tennis.  I am sick of VMs useless customer service but I will pursue it.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

.  If you have two existing V6 boxes then they both retain their hard drives for recording purposes if you went ahead if with over-the-air software update although will lose existing recordings & series links obviously, they send out new TV 360 remotes.

V6 & V360 are basically the same box running different software 

Worth checking out the pros and cons before doing it.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion