Discussion topic: Tennis on sky in 24

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

This message was authored by JohnWilliamson This message was authored by: JohnWilliamson

Re: Tennis on sky in 24

Hello, I’m watching via my Sky acc, logged in on a web browser, then using the Sky Sports app, on Virgin, I usually watch on an iMac & MacBook – I’m not getting the options of different games. Any suggestions or advice. 

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JohnWilliamson wrote:

Hello, I’m watching via my Sky acc, logged in on a web browser, then using the Sky Sports app, on Virgin, I usually watch on an iMac & MacBook – I’m not getting the options of different games. Any suggestions or advice. 

@JohnWilliamson it's only available on mobile devices using the app not web browsers 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by JohnWilliamson This message was authored by: JohnWilliamson

Thank you SKY1992bf for the reply. What are multi game / tournament options for people watching using computers & web browsers please? All my watching on #AmazonPrime and #DiscoveryPlus was done that way.

This message was authored by SKY1992bf This message was authored by: SKY1992bf

@JohnWilliamson wrote:

Thank you SKY1992bf for the reply. What are multi game / tournament options for people watching using computers & web browsers please? All my watching on #AmazonPrime and #DiscoveryPlus was done that way.

@JohnWilliamson  you would need to install and use the sky go app for multiple court choices for computers 

there are no options available for web browsers afaik 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please note: I am just a sky customer not a employee - posts from sky employees are clearly marked as such
my setup: Samsung 5 series 32inc tv | sky +hd box | variety, SKY & TNT sports,sky cinema | Netflix and prime video
Please note: I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
if this post has helped please give it a like ~ if this post has solved your question/query please mark it as the answer in order to help others

If you would like to post a “Send Your Thanks to Sky” message please click Here
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@SKY1992bf wrote:
@JohnWilliamson  you would need to install and use the sky go app for multiple court choices for computers 

I'm not sure this option is available on the PC version of Sky Go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by bertiethecat This message was authored by: bertiethecat

Watching previous day tennis

I have Sky sport and want to watch tennis. I know I can watch live matches or record a whole day of play to see matches from the main channel. Is it possible to watch whole matches from a previous day's play that that were only shown on the red button, that is impossible to record?

This was possible on Amazon Prime and Discovery+ when they showed Tennis, but try as I might, it does not seem possible on Sky!!! This appears to be a massive retrograde step for tennis fans.

This message was authored by jo999 This message was authored by: jo999

Re: Watching previous day tennis

@bertiethecat wrote:

I have Sky sport and want to watch tennis. I know I can watch live matches or record a whole day of play to see matches from the main channel. Is it possible to watch whole matches from a previous day's play that that were only shown on the red button, that is impossible to record?

This was possible on Amazon Prime and Discovery+ when they showed Tennis, but try as I might, it does not seem possible on Sky!!! This appears to be a massive retrograde step for tennis fans.

"This appears to be a massive retrograde step for tennis fans."

It is!!

However, nobody cares about the tennis fans - it's all about money as usual.

Virgin Media V6 boxes user with full Sky Sports package

@VickyM1 wrote:

Please can someone tell me if the red button on Virgin for the  the new tennis channel is working or not. I have spoken with someone at Virgin today who didnt understand what I was trying to tell them and they then put the phone down on me.  They kept telling me it was a fault with my TV or remote but I am thinking its a problem between Virgin and the new tennis channel.

I believe it will only work on the 360 box.  I have the V6 (not wishing to upgrade as I lose functionality in my 2nd box), and it won't work on V6.

Like you I finally managed to speak to a technician(questionable) after jumping through VMs frustrating loops.  After 30+ minutes I lost the will to live attempting to get him to understand the issue.  I am awaiting a further response within 3 hours, but I'm not holding my breath.

I just want to know if the issue is due to be fixed or I have to upgrade to watch tennis.  I am sick of VMs useless customer service but I will pursue it.

This message was authored by Timelord2018 This message was authored by: Timelord2018

.  If you have two existing V6 boxes then they both retain their hard drives for recording purposes if you went ahead if with over-the-air software update although will lose existing recordings & series links obviously, they send out new TV 360 remotes.

V6 & V360 are basically the same box running different software 

Worth checking out the pros and cons before doing it.

This message was authored by jujuge This message was authored by: jujuge

Have got VM 360 software so am fine now re the live sky tennis coverage, but as mentioned earlier on here am clinging to my Sky HD + box.

The reason for that is I can put an aerial coax wire from the sky box to an old crt telly in the kitchen and so mirror what is on the telly in the lounge!

Once the inevitable happens and I will have to upgrade the sky box, I will also have to buy a new telly to get a similar functionality.

To get to the point (finally): there is always a price to pay when technology moves on. Bah

(I hated the 360 VM software at first, btw, but am warming to it as can see how it is a better interface for interactive features and access to apps, compared with V6.)

This message was authored by PhilHampson-Sky This message was authored by: PhilHampson-Sky

Wow ! Currently we have match choise from 4 different tournaments; Doha, Rotterdam, Delray Beach & Buenos Aires - that's pretty impressive - just need to get the On Demand sorted now to get more and faster.

@Timelord2018 wrote:

.  If you have two existing V6 boxes then they both retain their hard drives for recording purposes if you went ahead if with over-the-air software update although will lose existing recordings & series links obviously, they send out new TV 360 remotes.

V6 & V360 are basically the same box running different software 

Worth checking out the pros and cons before doing it.

That's precisely what I am trying to do, with no success with VM so called technicians.

As expected, I did not receive the promised call back - ah well - go for yet another compensation payment if I can be bothered.

I have resisted changing from V6 to 360 as the 2nd box is more or less a slave, with no functionality to record.

This message was authored by prb60 This message was authored by: prb60

Re: SKY STREAM TENNIS CHANNEL

I really want SKY to get it right as this is now, the only platform where I believe we can get the variety of tennis tournaments like it was in PRIME . BUT, it is nowhere near, including the lack of presenting and most important the choice of matches. Furthermore, we have lost the viewing flexibility of replay and rewind, going online, means all buttons function in the remote that give the flexibility, are gone! It is poor,. One more thing, the background music is the same over and over, quite annoying.
Overall, a disappointing experience ... considering, what we are paying for the additional service. 

Whoever in SKY had the idea that this approach of the one channel and on line  service would work, looks like was wrong. 
Poor poor experience.

This message was authored by RichAA1 This message was authored by: RichAA1

@tennisfan I'm watching on NOW app

At the moment the bonus streams are just for one court for each of the ATP tournaments is that all the choice we get? Also only two selected WTA matches "best of" on catch up?

Is this the same on Sky TV anyone? 

This message was authored by jujuge This message was authored by: jujuge

Hi @tennisfan 

That is all that is being played at this moment. Two matches now, one in Delray Beach, one in Buenos Aires.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 5 hours

New Discussion